Sign in to follow this  
daan_vb

Galley Power Command

Hi guys,

Anyone know the command to switch on the Galley power in the 737-700NGX. The co-pilot seems to recognise the command but doesn't actually flick the switch. I have a feeling she might be thinking she's in the 737-800 where there are two switches (CAB/UTIL and IFE/PASS). Which raises a further question: What are the commands for these two switches too??

Thanks

Dan 

WAT1036.png

Hi Dan,

i've tried with IFly and it's working, both commands

Then i tried PMDG 800/900 (don't have the 700) and it's working there too!!!

For the galley power i use " galley power on/off and for the IFE/PASS i use " utility bus two on/off"

For galley power you can also use " utility bus one off"

Must admit the verbal command given "galley power on or utility bus on" F/O replies most of the time as off, so nothing happens then. (you must clearly say "onnnn" :lol: ).

You can also you use the scripts.

But you have to add in the preflight (overhead) procedure:

utility bus two on (that's not in there as i quickly saw).

John

John Cramer

Thanks John,

I have tried all those commands but still can't get it to work on the 737-700. The recirculating fan doesn't seem to work either dispite the copilot reading the command back to me,,,,I've fired an email to FS++.

Thanks

Dan

WAT1036.png

Sorry to hear,but it will be working soon :P !!!

Support is super!!!

Have you tried it on the 800/900?

John

John Cramer

Thanks John,

I have tried all those commands but still can't get it to work on the 737-700. The recirculating fan doesn't seem to work either dispite the copilot reading the command back to me,,,,I've fired an email to FS++.

Thanks

Dan

Commands suggested above are correct

Try "right recirculating fan on/off", "left recirculating fan on/off"

If galley control is working with 800 & 900 series and not the 700 chances are you forgot to install SP1C for the 600-700 series (It's a separate install to the one provided for 800 & 900).

Also, with all NGX variants, it's important not to start MCE until aircraft has finished initializing. I mean countdown in green bar down to zero.

The NGX is interfaced via the PMDG SDK, that's why you have to make sure it has the required SP1C and that it's ready when MCE tries to connect to it.

Commands suggested above are correct

Try "right recirculating fan on/off", "left recirculating fan on/off"

If galley control is working with 800 & 900 series and not the 700 chances are you forgot to install SP1C for the 600-700 series (It's a separate install to the one provided for 800 & 900).

Also, with all NGX variants, it's important not to start MCE until aircraft has finished initializing. I mean countdown in green bar down to zero.

The NGX is interfaced via the PMDG SDK, that's why you have to make sure it has the required SP1C and that it's ready when MCE tries to connect to it.

Hi Gerald,

I've tried updating the NGX to SP1c for both 600/700 and 800/900 and for both it says the I have the latest version installed.

I've updated MCE to latest version and waited for NGX to finish initializing before starting MCE.

I still can't get the swiches to switch for Galley power..

I've used:

utility bus one on

pause=2
utility bus two on
pause=2
galley power on
pause=2 

But none of these commands (both via voice command or in a script) flick the switch. I tried the -800 and utility bus one and two both work in these aircraft. But galley power doesn't work in the 737-700.

I'm also having problems with the cross feed valve. I've set in the script as "cross-feed valve closed" but when it comes to performing the action nothing happens and I just get a "crossfeed..." message in red in the top left. However if I speak the command as a one off action it works. This is the same for both -700 and -800 aircraft.

PS I managed to get the recirculating fan to switch in the -700 by switching to auto instead of on in the script but it doesn't work with the voice command...

WAT1036.png

I still can't get the swiches to switch for Galley power..

I've used:

utility bus one on

pause=2

utility bus two on

pause=2

galley power on

pause=2

This is peculiar behaviour.

In the NGX700_MCE "Pre-Flight Overhead procedure" the flow states "Galley Power On". 

Try downloading my "ngx700_mce_scripts from the Avsim website and use the pre-flight overhead flow from there. It works on my 700 NGX.

What's puzzling is that if it works on your 800/900 and/or 600 it should work on the 700. Surely the NGX code in the SDK is the same for all the models, once the update patch is in place? :huh:

Sometimes I say "arm" instead of on and get the "On" action. I cant think of anything else?

Best Regards

David

This is peculiar behaviour.

In the NGX700_MCE "Pre-Flight Overhead procedure" the flow states "Galley Power On". 

Try downloading my "ngx700_mce_scripts from the Avsim website and use the pre-flight overhead flow from there. It works on my 700 NGX.

What's puzzling is that if it works on your 800/900 and/or 600 it should work on the 700. Surely the NGX code in the SDK is the same for all the models, once the update patch is in place? :huh:

Sometimes I say "arm" instead of on and get the "On" action. I cant think of anything else?

Best Regards

David

Hi David,

I couldn't find your NGX flows on avsim only 707 ones.

I tried using arm instead of on but no luck unfortunately.

I did try reinstalling both patches and both said I had the latest version. I'm pretty sure i'm up to date as some switches which are PMDG exclusive are working such as testing fire detection, testing gpws warnings, testing oxygen, setting alternate flaps etc....

Here's a video to further illustrate my issues with galley power and cross-feed switches:

WAT1036.png

Hello Daniel,

The Avsim Library ngx700 mce flows are the bottom of the uploads page. I just checked its still there.

I see that on your video you appear to have no electrical power established? If you follow the flow procedures you should have either Battery power on, or GPU electrical power, or APU electrical power, depending upon your power up choice.

Just a thought, but you may need some "juice" before the Galley Switch can be thrown?

Cheers

David

Hi David,

The power shouldn't matter, I was just being lazy while i tested things, co-pilot should still flick the switch regardless.

I'm just testing your flows now.

Thanks

Dan

Unfortunately your flows didn't work either

WAT1036.png

Does anyone else have any other idea's to try and get this working? Is there a command I can test that will confirm for sure I have SP1c installed and it is working (I'm 99.99% certain its installed)

WAT1036.png