Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Really sharp textures (Orbx Global) with AM=254

Anyway, just my tuppence worth (UK speak). As with everything to do with the complexity of customised flight simulators, it is likely your mileage will vary just as others are finding it necessary to hold onto various proven settings in Nvidia Inspector. In the end, does it really matter? What appears to work for you is what's important. Any changes or experimentation tend to be non-destructive in any case providing you have first recorded the settings that ensure best performance for you in the event you need to restore them.

It's a shame LM don't step in when such recommendations are made to the community to help separate the genuine proven findings from that which is likely to be no more than based on fanciful delusions.

Cheers! Always a joy to read your posts which are invariably uplifting and optimistic. More power to you, my friend!

Best regards,

Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Mike,

As you state here, quite a few people have posted that the BUFFER POOLS .cfg addition does nothing for P3D v2.2    I certainly do not know for a fact personally, whether it does, or as a lot of persons, now including yourself, say that it is redundant.  Having said that though, I do know that it had certainly NOT been a negative or outright destructive .cfg entry, so thought to just leave it in there JUST on the off-chance that it might still give one last 'kick at the can', in some way we are not enlightened to.   If in parsing the .cfg file, P3D sees it, shakes its head, chuckles, thinks; "MItch..tsk, tsk...that poor sap..."..and moves on down the line, then I will let it pity me...and get on with flying, LOLOLOL!   (Mike...my mantra is never to take Life so seriously that it ages me...lol) I have been noted not to have worry lines embedded in my face...lol....and will just leave it in there, to be left alone.  Besides, with it in there, the FSX.cfg and the P3D.cfg at least have something to talk about in common, ROTFLMBO!   All kidding aside, likewise in seeing any of your posts.  They are always a good read!

Cheers, Mike

Mitch