Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Interrupted flight?

Although I have been a long term user of RC4, I cannot remember if it is possible to save a flight in FSX in mid flight, and on loading it again another day and starting Radar Contact, RC4 ATC would be able to pick up the flight where one left off.

Does anyone know if this would be possible?

Stuart

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Save it in FSX and reload it from the RadarContact user interface: "Load Previously Saved .RCDs".

This works for RC and for FSX, but you have to see whether your current aircraft supports reloading as well.

Thanks for the response Ollie. I hadn't noticed that option in RC4 before. How does one save an .RCD or is this done by RC4 automatically?

Cheers, Stuart

Check your RC keyboard assignments tab for what is currently assigned. I believe it differs from the combo in the manual. See if shift-; is available.

Some aircraft like PMDG B736-739, 747, etc. will not properly save the aircraft state even directly via FSX because they use some model coding outside of FS9/FSX/P3D standards to add extra features and refined control.

Loosely relevant is the RC feature to pause at a distance from destination useful when an aircraft is capable of copilot control and you can't be "on duty" for the entire flight. Copilot control is accomplished actually through the FS autopilot internal control and if not standard (same restrictions as above) can't be used.

Thanks for the response Ollie. I hadn't noticed that option in RC4 before. How does one save an .RCD or is this done by RC4 automatically?

Cheers, Stuart

RC4.3 "listens" to the FSX save command, just like, for example, the PMDG planes do.

So, when you use the FSX menu for saving a flight, RC4.3 and PMDG will create their respective state files automatically. The RCD file even has the same name as your saved flight situation in FSX has. (With the extension RCD, but you have to use the FSX menu for that to work.)

That's why it is so easy to reload a (PMDG) flight with RC4.3:

• Start a standard flight (default trike flying over Friday harbour, for example)
  • Load the RCD file via the RC4.3 interface
  • RC will trigger reloading the flight in FSX automatically
  • The reloaded FSX flight triggers reloading panel state and FMS data for the PMDG planes automatically. (Results may vary with other planes, though.)