Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Missing highway/street lights in X-Plane

I've noticed something strange, that when flying at dusk/dawn/night, I am missing certain lights on the streets and highways. Is this the same for anyone else? I will include 2 examples to demonstrate my issue:

1st pic is Honolulu PHNL - If you notice the downtown area theres no street/highway lights at all, but out in the distance there is.

2nd pic is taking off from Zurich LSZH - Pretty much entirely missing street lights and highway lights.

777_200_ER_v10_1.jpg

777_300_v10_21.jpg

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Did you have this problem previously, i.e. in 10.25? Can't say I've ever see it behave like this before

tonywob, i can't remember to tell you the truth, i didn't notice til now. I wonder what's causing this.

This is very strange, I notice that when taking off and flying that as i'm getting further out, the lights won't load up either, i have my world detail on very high too. :( This problem is really bugging me and I can't seem to figure out the culprit. When I first load the game up it's fine, but after flying, and then choosing another airport, the lights are not there. Is there a shaders directory that I can delete to see if this fixes the problem?

UPDATE: I did a test, while idling at the airport, I hit C to disconnect the camera so that I can freely roam around, I moved the cam near a street and the lights turned back on, but just around me only, as soon as i got further away, they went off again. Very strange problem.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I don't think you're actually the first person to report this problem, I remember seeing someone posting about it in the past (sorry I don't remember where). I'd suggest posting a bug report here http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html, and hopefully Ben will get round to fixing it. I'm presuming it's some sort of performance optimisation in the sim which has gone wrong

Strange, I'm wondering if its from 10.30b2, if anyone else can reproduce this problem let me know. I hope I'm not the only one. Try loading up a flight from PHNL at dusk, and start flying out while noticing the street lights. As you continually fly further out, do the lights just all of a sudden end and not continue to light up the next area?

Are you using any lights scripts with flywithlua? They sometimes cause problems so if so try without then. TBH XP's default lights are pretty good anyway...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

scotchegg yes I am, but I entirely disabled all my flywithlua scripts and the problem stills exists. I'm not sure what it could be, only thing I can think of is a driver issue. I did upgrade to the new nividia 337 drivers from 335. 

I had this problem in 10.30b2 with light tweak scripts in FlywithLua, but since deleting them everything is fine. All I've got in FlywithLua now is RTH and it looks amazing, not sure about the problem your having though. Sorry.

What's RTH?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've completely removed all 3rd party plug-ins, and the problem is still there. So now I know its not that. I'm gonna try a few more things to try and pinpoint the missing lights issue, this is very strange. I've updated to 10.30b3 also.

I've tried starting a flight at san fransisco KSFO, and hit shift+L to advanced the time to night, and the only lights that apear are the car lights, no street lights at all. Sigh, what's going on here? The problem is so inconsistent. Sometime its there, and sometimes its not, and when it's there, it's not all there. :(

yes I am, the only thing I'm using that's not default is HD Mesh V2 and some photoscenery from simheaven.de

Okay I think i know what the cause of this is. I believe it's one of the flywithlua scripts by tom, i got it off x-plane.org, it came in a zip file with 4 lua scripts. I removed the entire directory and now I get street lights again. Although it doesn't look as nice. :( Can anyone figure out what datarefs are causing the missing lights to happen?