Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Tesselation and photoscenery

Hi all-

I use PS exclusively in P3D and was wondering if tesselation has any effect on it.

As reviewed here

A detailed relief can be formed only if there are sufficient vertices in the base mesh to depict the new shape. In essence—displacement mapping needs tessellation, and vice versa.

...does the underlying mesh of the PS qualify as the vertices mentioned above? If not, I'd like to set the slider off.

Thanks,

Mark

That's surely a question for the developer of your photographic scenery -  not for P3D?

Maybe.

Email support response at Megascenery is pretty much non-existent, hence the question being asked here.

I was hoping someone had either run into this already or had a similar question like mine.

I'm pretty sure the fact you use photoscenery makes no difference to the way tessellation affects the terrain, and therefore if you have sufficient hardware then you are best off using it. You will lose the time of day preview by turning it off as well as its other features.

Try taking comparison shots with it on/off and at different slider positions to see how the changes affect what you see, and how the sim performs.

Thanks Novation, I'll give that a try later on this afternoon.

Mark

ps. Can that be done, tesselation slider adjustments, while P3D is running?

Tessellation is done at the mesh-level of the sim. Photoscenery should not be a determining factor.

Photoscenery does not make a difference for tessellation in terms of displacement mapping.  That would be done at the mesh level.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations