Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Orbx's CYSE custom scenery is the APEX....

...folks, I nominate Orbx's CYSE Squamish as the all-time CHAMP of adding a custom scenery to your flight sim world. This is one amazing piece of kit.

From the wildlife roaming around the airport boundaries, that LOOK for the first time, like the real deal, as well as moves in animation as the 'real deal'......

All I can say..is that if you check every feature off, on the set up program...you will be in a world of immersion, that you have not seen from ANY prior Orbx release.  Simply amazing to just at the start, shut down the spinning prop..and LOOK AROUND at the tons of animation (people flow, creature flow, grass/tree flow...)

Absolutely, positively-----stunning......

(I have flown for hours...and the squirrel still cracks me up....Orbx...you have a most healthy sense of humor....) :lol:  

Well done, Orbx...so very, well done!

As posted over at Orbx forums, I am experiencing very poor performance in that area.  The scenery is great but something is affecting my sim.

I just jumped directly to Monterrey and it runs as smooth as silk as I posted.

Very disappointing that I can't get anything but a slideshow fps.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Not sure what it could be that's affecting performance.  Mine is running as smooth as Monterey.

Hopefully the ORBX lads can assist over there.  They are pretty good offering support.

Hirdy

Indeed Gordon Madison is currently working with Duncan to diagnose his performance issues in a very hands on interactive manner. Having the developer himself guide you through the issues is very welcome for Duncan I am sure.

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

I have the same problem as Bryan Wallis with certain Orbx airports. NZMF Milford Sound runs extremely smooth on my i7-4770 whereas NZQN Queenstown Airport gives me a slideshow.

I'm the guy and Gordon yesterday went back and forth to see if he could diagnose the issue.

It appears that my now older PC and older video card just can't handle the detail in this area.  But I'm still looking for solutions.

Not sure what it could be that's affecting performance.  Mine is running as smooth as Monterey.

Hopefully the ORBX lads can assist over there.  They are pretty good offering support.

Hirdy

Not sure what your PC specs are but I suspect they are better than mine.

cheers.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I'm the guy and Gordon yesterday went back and forth to see if he could diagnose the issue.

It appears that my now older PC and older video card just can't handle the detail in this area.  But I'm still looking for solutions.

Not sure what your PC specs are but I suspect they are better than mine.

cheers.

Bryan, I'm running a system built in 2009, and I think you can get my card for a very reasonable price now....and it handles it all, fine!