Sign in to follow this  
ddswh1pk0s

777 SP1 RTA

Hello fellow members,

As the release of the first service pack for the 777 approaches, we are all looking forward to the exciting weather radar and data link features.

However,I have a question about a more subtle feature in the 777. And this is if RTA will be added in the 777. I searched and found a topic which said there will be RTA here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/371636-777-realism/#entry2347825

However, that information was from early 2012 and I am not sure if this feature is still on the list or has been abandoned.

Thank you for your insight,

RTA is part of SP1 for the 777. It is just one of the many additions to the simulation the SP brings. FWIW the software is smarter than I am and unrealistic attempts will result in UNABLE messages ;). I believe any more than .855 needed gets you that pretty quickly. This is something I love about PMDG.... while the eye candy is always nice- depth of simulation is what floats my boat.......

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

However,I have a question about a more subtle feature in the 777. And this is if RTA will be added in the 777. I searched and found a topic which said there will be RTA here:

As Carl mentioned, RTA is in there.  You definitely need to give it a realistic value to get it to work, though.  You aren't given much airspeed to play with at cruise (particularly at high altitude), so you might get UNABLE messages if what you're asking isn't realistic.  For what it's worth, I helped to evaluate an alternate at-altitude separation system that would prompt a controller to give "delay vectors" for shorter term situations.

RTA is a good system when the aircraft is given a lot of time to react.  Cross country (and oceanic) flights definitely give the plane a lot of room to adjust speeds to meet an RTA assignment.  If it's a shorter term RTA, then it's tougher, so delay vectors might be the better option.  Unfortunately, the system used awkward phraseology that ended up being pretty confusing, and taking up a lot of frequency time.

"Airline 120, cleared to the [point already in cleared flight plan: Point A] via fly heading [HDG] to intercept the [Point A] inbound [CRS] course.  Rest of route as previously cleared."

...as compared to a controller simply saying:

"Airline 120, fly heading 360 for sequencing."

[Waits until situation works itself out from there]

"Airline 120, cleared direct [Point A], rest of route as previously cleared."

Kyle Rodgers

What does RTA actually stand for? :unsure2:

Required Time of Arrival (At waypoint). Basically, you enter waypoint and time, and FMC adjust speed to put you there in time.

What does RTA actually stand for? :unsure2:

Required Time of Arrival.  You can get more info on the subject here:

http://www.caasd.org/library/documents/Using_RTA_for_arrival_sequencing.pdf

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit