Sign in to follow this  
Lashrathius

Using SweetFX on top of ENB

Just wondering if it's possible to run SweetFX on top of an ENB? I have an ENB that I really like, but would like to add in some custom shades and adjust the saturation within the SweetFX settings.

Thanks,

Hank

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Seems that this is possible. Both injectors use a d3d9.dll, but you can rename the SweetFX one and them relate to the renamed .dll in enbseries.ini as a 'complement'. I'm really sorry for not being able to detail the process – I've tried in the past (with no success, to be honest). But I think it can be done. I guess you can find some information about this in a Google search.

Please post if you manage to do it – this is relevant to my interests! :)

Yes.  Probably at the top of your enbseries.ini file you'll see lines similar to these...

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=1
InitProxyFunctions=1
ProxyLibrary=SweetFXd3d9.dll

Rename and then copy your Sweet FX d3d9.dll into your fsx directory and make sure that you set the ProxyLibrary to the name you gave the SweetFX d3d9.dll. Make sure the other two lines are set to 1.   Works fine.  

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thanks for the info Greg as I was looking for this too.  What was not clear in the instructions was to "rename" the existing d3d9.dll to sweetfxd3d9.dll.  They said nothing about putting the d3d9.dll that is buried in a subfolder in the sweetfx install and moving it to the main fsx folder....which makes sense now.

Now...if someone could tell me how to map a key to enable the split screen in Sweetfx?? 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Yes.  Probably at the top of your enbseries.ini file you'll see lines similar to these...

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=1

InitProxyFunctions=1

Rename and then copy your Sweet FX d3d9.dll into your fsx directory and make sure that you set the ProxyLibrary to the name you gave the SweetFX d3d9.dll. Make sure the other two lines are set to 1.   Works fine.  

Gregg

Thanks! Will try here, too.

Ok, I tried and it worked! Thanks, Gregg! 

Oh... now it will be a long night tweaking this thing to give the best graphics with my ENB settings...

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=1
InitProxyFunctions=1

Gregg

FSX launches without any crashes; works perfectly. Thanks Gregg! Is there a way to tell if the ENB is actually loaded? Shift+F12 no longer works and I think it's because SweetFX is loaded on top of it.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Hmmm...I think I borked things up.  I'm not getting any errors or crashes, but sweetfx doesnt seem to be enabled/working.  I too don't have the Shift+12 switch for enb working anymore, and assuming the same thing as you Hank.

But can't get any enhancements now.  Even with the config lines in my enbseries.ini file and the sweetfx .dll renamed and placed in my FSX root directory.

I'm sure its because I was haphazard in my quest to get it working and now I have several iterations of renamed dll's sitting in my main FSX folder.

Accepting total responsibility for this, I'm willing to remove all enb and sweetfx and start over...if only there was a good installer/remover out there I could get to work.  

Any ideas guys?

I watched a youtube video of someone using sweetfx and had the pause/break key enabling the split screen...but I can't get that to go, even with the feature checked in the app itself.

anyone willing to post the steps they did with enb previously installed to get sweetfx working (and any gotcha's that I obviously ran into but haven't figured out yet)?

Thanks

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hmmm...I think I borked things up.  I'm not getting any errors or crashes, but sweetfx doesnt seem to be enabled/working.  I too don't have the Shift+12 switch for enb working anymore, and assuming the same thing as you Hank.

But can't get any enhancements now.  Even with the config lines in my enbseries.ini file and the sweetfx .dll renamed and placed in my FSX root directory.

I'm sure its because I was haphazard in my quest to get it working and now I have several iterations of renamed dll's sitting in my main FSX folder.

Accepting total responsibility for this, I'm willing to remove all enb and sweetfx and start over...if only there was a good installer/remover out there I could get to work.  

Any ideas guys?

I watched a youtube video of someone using sweetfx and had the pause/break key enabling the split screen...but I can't get that to go, even with the feature checked in the app itself.

anyone willing to post the steps they did with enb previously installed to get sweetfx working (and any gotcha's that I obviously ran into but haven't figured out yet)?

Thanks

Hi Steve,

I am able to get SweetFX's settings working with the pause/break key. You need to install SweetFX first, and make sure you can change settings with the pause/break key. Then rename the d3d9.dll to SweetFXd3d9.dll, install ENB on top of SweetFX, change the ENB ini proxy lines, and it should successfully launch FSX. Always run FSX as admin too even if you disabled UAC.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

I am able to get SweetFX's settings working with the pause/break key, but it's the ENB that doesn't show. At other times, it's the other way around. ENB shows, SweetFX hibernates. Wondering if anyone has any success to get both to work?

Hey Hank, well you're one up on me because I can't get either to work.  :unsure:   Its been so long since I installed ENB that I don't remember all I did to install it...I guess I could do more searching online to see how to manually remove it.  I was just hoping for a "hey dummy, you put xyz in the abc slot...try this and it should fix it." :LMAO:

So...did you take the d3d9.dll in the sweetfx dll folder, rename it to SweetFXd3d9.dll and put it in your main FSX folder and add the lines to the enbseries.ini like described above?

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

So...did you take the d3d9.dll in the sweetfx dll folder, rename it to SweetFXd3d9.dll and put it in your main FSX folder and add the lines to the enbseries.ini like described above?

Yes, rename the dll and drop it in the main FSX folder. Change the 3 lines in the enb ini file and you should be good to go.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design