Sign in to follow this  
brendan19

Windows 8.1 FSX wont respond.

Well this started a week ago. When I go into my control settings in FSX and I double click to change something to a different button it will just stay on the not responding. 

The program fsx.exe version 10.0.61472.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
 Process ID: d64
 Start Time: 01cf8f48674c5e65
 Termination Time: 5324
 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
 Report Id: 90deb909-fb3e-11e3-8355-bc5ff4e60c95
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Not too much info though. My FSX has been acting up a lot in the past week. GSX won't open, when I try to restart Couatl my fsdt buildings will disappear and the Couatl-powered products  in the addons will disappear but thats a whole different subject  :tongue:.
EDIT: also I have a issue when I left click and pop up the menu to change cameras and etc it tends to crash when I do it more than 5 times. Here is an error log when this happens
Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 6.0.5840.16386, time stamp: 0x45398e5f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0001dd8d
Faulting process id: 0xc1c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf8cad4ce3ae14
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\uiautomationcore.dll
Report Id: 7a4267e1-f8af-11e3-8351-bc5ff4e60c95
I already put the different uiautomationcore.dll in, not sure why its causing it to crash.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well this started a week ago. When I go into my control settings in FSX and I double click to change something to a different button it will just stay on the not responding. 

The program fsx.exe version 10.0.61472.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
 Process ID: d64
 Start Time: 01cf8f48674c5e65
 Termination Time: 5324
 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
 Report Id: 90deb909-fb3e-11e3-8355-bc5ff4e60c95
Not too much info though. My FSX has been acting up a lot in the past week. GSX won't open, when I try to restart Couatl my fsdt buildings will disappear and the Couatl-powered products  in the addons will disappear but thats a whole different subject  :tongue:.

Reinstall outside of program files.  Most likely all permissions/windows security related.

I already put the different uiautomationcore.dll in, not sure why its causing it to crash.

Amazing how many people think the uiautomationcore.dll fixes crashes. It only fixes one type of crash and that's a menu crash where you repeatedly hit the FSX menu and FSX crashes. The fsx "experts" like Word Not Allowed told me it takes at least 20 hits on the menu. I have tried to replicate and I get no joy as there is no crash.

Remove the uiautomationcore.dll from your main fsx folder. It is the cause of your crash as shown in the above report.

Best regards,

this may not work for everyone

it does for me on several platforms now

its a little trick i came up with a while ago

being familiar with the way MS works; thought it had merit to test

i created a fake uiautomationcore.dll and placed it fsx root (W7 and up)

not a real uiautomationcore.dll; it’s just a blank text document i renamed

from uiautomationcore.txt to uiautomationcore.dll

this does the trick for me

im not sure if FSX uses the file for something important

i do know; it looks for it at some point

my logic said; give it to him so it can move on

instead of spooling looking for it

there's no risk in trying this

other than being annoyed if it didn’t workout

which you already are at this point; so what do you have to lose :)

Amazing how many people think the uiautomationcore.dll fixes crashes. 

I never thought changing the uiautomationcore.dll was the holy messiah of fixing things. But thank you for your recommendation,

I never thought changing the uiautomationcore.dll was the holy messiah of fixing things. But thank you for your 

recommendation,

Sorry for being so abrupt with my comment. I see so many comments about the uiautomationcore.dll fixing FSX when I have positive proof in this forum that the uiautomationcore.dll does not work for many as they post their AppCrashView reports showing the uiautomationcore.dll is in their fsx folder but they are reporting a crash. I wish their was a file or setting that would fix every crash but there isn't. I hope your problem is fixed.

Best regards,

recommendation,

Sorry for being so abrupt with my comment. I see so many comments about the uiautomationcore.dll fixing FSX when I have positive proof in this forum that the uiautomationcore.dll does not work for many as they post their AppCrashView reports showing the uiautomationcore.dll is in their fsx folder but they are reporting a crash. I wish their was a file or setting that would fix every crash but there isn't. I hope your problem is fixed.

Best regards,

I understand. I applied the uiautomationcore.dll awhile ago and FSX never crashed because of it until now. So I was a bit confused why it would be causing issues now. But since then I have learned  FSX is a very moody program.  :P 

this may not work for everyone

it does for me on several platforms now

its a little trick i came up with a while ago

being familiar with the way MS works; thought it had merit to test

i created a fake uiautomationcore.dll and placed it fsx root (W7 and up)

not a real uiautomationcore.dll; it’s just a blank text document i renamed

from uiautomationcore.txt to uiautomationcore.dll

this does the trick for me

im not sure if FSX uses the file for something important

i do know; it looks for it at some point

my logic said; give it to him so it can move on

instead of spooling looking for it

there's no risk in trying this

other than being annoyed if it didn’t workout

which you already are at this point; so what do you have to lose :)

Thank you, I will try it.