Sign in to follow this  
FLighT01

Initial X-P 10 install and an issue/question

Finished installing X-Plane 10.2v2 using the new installer downloaded from X-P website. Disc 2 gave me the following errors:

An error occurred during scenery installation. Unable to copy file.

D:\X-Plane/X-Plane10 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/+20+110/+25+118 dsf from DVDto Hard Drive (Too many open files in System)    WHAT!

You can continue with install…attempt to reinstall…   I clicked to continue.

Discs 3 through 8 installed without issue.

I attempted a repair inserting disc 1 and then 2 but same error.

I shut down the installer. I then opened the DVD and the folder D:\X-Plane/X-Plane10 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/+20+110/+25+118 dsf.

Comparing +20+110 dsf on the DVD to the one installed on D:\ drive folder they were identical, same Properties - bytes. I copy and pasted over anyway and it told me I was replacing the folder dsf with an identical dsf file from the DVD. OK.

+25+118 was another story. There were number of +25+*** files including +25+117 and +25+119, but no +118. I attempted to copy and paste it over from the DVD to the Folder but got the following: “Can’t read source from disc”. This sounds like a corrupted file on the DVD. As this is the first time I’ve installed X-Plane 10 I doubt that it is physical damage but rather a corrupted file from the get go.

At that point I closed out of everything and rebooted the box. I fired up X-P10 and got a window to update, which I did to 10.25. I then go in and check for the Earth nav data/+25+118 dsf. But now there are "no" +25+*** files at all in the Global Scenery folder.

I closed out of everything and rebooted again. Booted up X-P10 (took forever but I haven’t defragged the drive as yet but I finally got in and did a quick and dirty on my controllers and graphic settings).

Very confusing, any X-P scenery file gurus out there that can explain what’s happened with my install. Thanks.

Frank L.T

Definitely sounds like you have corrupt DVDs. If the regions you are flying in are part of the HD mesh v2 (www.alpilotx.net), you can just download them and use those instead, i.e. You don't need the SD scenery (which comes with X-Plane) installed in order to use the HD Mesh.

P.S. Seen lots of people reporting dodgy DVDs recently.

Definitely sounds like you have corrupt DVDs. If the regions you are flying in are part of the HD mesh v2 (www.alpilotx.net), you can just download them and use those instead, i.e. You don't need the SD scenery (which comes with X-Plane) installed in order to use the HD Mesh.

P.S. Seen lots of people reporting dodgy DVDs recently.

Not good news. I'm bidding for an Xplane 10 DVD on Ebay :Worried: