Sign in to follow this  
jarianslake

Event Viewer

Hey guys,

How do you set up the event viewer to view FSX errors and such? I can't view any recent errors from FSX, even though GSX is crashing it everytime it starts

Thanks,

Callum

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Definitely a good idea to download the CTD guide.  Here is a quick guide to the event viewer.

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.
One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is! That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting.

Hey guys,

Took a look at the CTD guide and tried a few options, though most of them I have already implemented  :P

The crash only happens when the addon manager and Coautl script engine are installed. Here is a log from the event viewer, though it is from yesterday. I cannot view any crashes that have happened today on the event viewer. 

Faulting application name: couatl.exe, version: 2.0.0.2356, time stamp: 0x52702856
Faulting module name: couatl.exe, version: 2.0.0.2356, time stamp: 0x52702856
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00002956
Faulting process id: 0x1fd8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf97d662b274dd
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe
Report Id: 2cd0a798-03ca-11e4-aaf3-d43d7ee230d0

Any ideas? 

Thanks,
Callum

It appears you have an older Addon Manager. My couatl.exe that was installed with KIAH has a version of 2.0.0.2360. As I and many others have recommended, you need to go to the FSDT website and download the latest Addon Manager, right click the installer and run as the Administrator.

Best regards,

Suggest you post in the FSDT Forum.  When you do, ensure you state all that you have done so far to try solve the problem.