Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

RC4 doesn't respond after a flight has been saved then loaded?

Twice now I've run into the problem of getting to a point in my loaded flight, which was previously saved, and the ATC contacts me, and I hit the appropriate button to respond, but nothing happens, I turned off my keyboard, turned it back on, and nothing, even reloaded the flight.and got to the same point with the same response. Any clue as to what is going wrong?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Are you talking about a flight saved with that RC function for reloading in a saved in-flight state?

Has everything up to that point been acknowledged?

What is the RC contact that you wish to acknowledged.

What FS version, Win version, etc.

Try it with a default aircraft.

If you alt-tab do you see any error windows hidden behind FS?

I was flying from LAX to YSSY with a PMDG 777, and everything has been acknowledged up to the point it decided not to respond. Yes I'm talking about a saved flight with the save flight function on RC4. I wanted to acknowledge and contact the next ATC frequency. FSX with acceleration, windows 8, this is the first time I've had this particular problem, so I'm wondering if the flight didn't save properly or something else was interfering with the process.

I have no idea.

The first time you saved the flight, did it continue on to completion after that with RC response? Only that flight plan?

AFAIK RC (and FS) does not save the complete PMDG B777 aircraft state since it uses its proprietary FS interface and there is a separate PMDG utility for that. Perhaps that is generating the error.

The only think I can think of that will cause an RC hang is lack of an acknowledgement but that is the problem.

Be sure that your FMC PC keyboard capture is not on as that will prevent fsuipc and RC capturing keystrokes. Also be sure the restored flight has the aircraft panel hot, not the RC-fsuipc window.

If you wish to create an RC log follow the pinned topic but in addition when the hangup occurs hit alt-tab to get to the RC screen if you can. You'll now notice what was the start button states quit. Click that to save the rc log file. The debug log file will not save if RC aborts including terminating FS before RC (which will hang it). I'd rename the rc4.log file to something-rcv4.log so it will not be overwritten on the next debug. Then zip it up and send it in per the pinned topic. Include a link to this thread a the problem description.

jd is out until next monday I believe.

Are you using more then one monitor? If so, if you must make sure the monitor where RC-window is displayed is active. Just click anywhere on that monitor and then RC will capture your keystrokes again.

Regards

Johnny

Yes I am using more than one monitor. I don't continue on after the flight is saved. Usually it loads ok,  when I return from the saved flight.

Just to be clear, you need to click on a panel view of FS for RC to receive keystrokes. Do not click on the RC/FSUIPC in-flight window.

What happens if you use a default aircraft and just RC with FS, nothing else.

Use a different short test route not involving ant airports of issue. We need to take one step at a time.