Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Connect yoke and joystick

As many other I have build all my hardware into a selfbuild panel and all the wiring is bundeled in the back of the casing, guided through holes in the casing to get to the computer, so it's not easy to untie everything if a single componant has to be removed.

Now I mostly fly with my Saitek yoke, but now I want to start flying a P51, I want to use my old x-52 stick for that.

I know it's not preferable to connect both yoke and joystick, but is there a way that I can simply connect my joystick to the front of the computer for when I use this one aircraft, without having to open up the back of my panel and mess with the bundels of wiring in the back to disconnect the yoke?

In other words, can I disconnect the yoke with the software, instead of messing up my wiring to disconnect the plug?

I'm using P3Dv2 with FSUIPC and Saitek controllers.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have both yoke and joystick connected to my computer full time.  Using FSUIPC for all controller axis assignments, so can use profiles to use the appropriate controller for each individual aircraft.  I used to disconnect the joystick when not in use, so that works as well.