Sign in to follow this  
spilok

What is FS Global Mesh?

Not to rob this thread but I am about to do a complete FSX reload from scratch and just don't remember the correct products and order.

I will be re-loading all of the FTX products, FTX Global Base; FTX Global openLC Europe and FTX Global Vector.  I will also be re-loading Pilots FS Global 2010 which is recommended by FTX.  I also have Pilots FS Global Ultimate series America's and Europe/Asia. 

I am uncertain about what order to load the FS Global products or if I should load all or just the 2010?  Seems I remember one of the Pilots guys saying that I didn't need the FTX version if I had 2010 and the Ultimates, not sure; getting older.

Other products I have but don't think I need are UTx, GEx, FEx or FS Genisis; all should be replaced by FTX, REX E+od, REX4 Texture Direct or ASN.  Does this sound correct?

Thanks for any help

Rick S.

To me; with the exception of the Orbx Regions, the anomalies created by high resolution mesh are more noticeable than the benefits so I stopped using it.

Very true, that was my experience.

Dirk.

I am sorry, maybe I am wrong, but itsn't the mesh used by Orbx the FS Global Mesh?

Holger's mesh is available for Australia and is excellent, and also for some partial regions elsewhere.

For Vector which is something else again, the configurator irons out the elevation anomalies created by add-on and default airports being slightly different.