Sign in to follow this  
nathanpinard

Flight Planning for normal GA aircraft WITHOUT payware

This could go in any number of categories, but since I use P3D, and a plane with P3D support it works here I guess.

I have the Carenado B58 that comes with a GNS430.

However...the flight planner for the GNS430 doesn't work! Probably because it's set to the MS Flight plan system?

Well, I can't manually create a plan in the MS planner.

On top of that, I can't find a freeware planner that will export a .pln file that I can import into P3D.

Trying to follow my AviatorPro flights, and I can't because they use RealityXP, which I'm not buying.

At this point I'm tempted to just get the Airbus and get a whole bunch of features in one package.

However...the flight planner for the GNS430 doesn't work! Probably because it's set to the MS Flight plan system?

Well, I can't manually create a plan in the MS planner.

Why can't you manually create a plan in the MS Planner ?, years since I used it but don't you just select your departure and destination airports then drag the magenta line  to the navaids/intersections you require.

I am happy with FSCommander, I realise you said freeware but a good planner is well worth paying for.

By far the best GA/VFR planner is Plan-G. It's a must have for any GA simmer. It really is payware quality!!! I am still surprised that the developer doesn't ask money for this great planner.

http://www.tasoftware.co.uk

The best planner is a map, scaled ruler, protractor, brain/flight computer,  and a pencil. The relevant documents for the aerodromes/airspace you will be flying through/to are beneficial as well.

By far the best GA/VFR planner is Plan-G. It's a must have for any GA simmer. It really is payware quality!!! I am still surprised that the developer doesn't ask money for this great planner.

http://www.tasoftware.co.uk

+ 1!

Works great and is free (although one would not belive it if you saw it)! B)

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

This has to be the best flight planning for ga aircraft

http://skyvector.com/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

J van E: Wait, so plan-g plans are acceptable by the FSX planner (in this case p3d which is the same thing)? They export plg files. I thought FSX was PLN. Or is it both?

pete_auau: Cool planner, but it doesn't allow me to save the PLN file and load into FSX/P3D.

I get that I need to lean how to chart with my brain, but I'm not asking that at this point. I'm asking how to get the GPS to do more than A > B in FSX. Is that not possible?

J van E: Wait, so plan-g plans are acceptable by the FSX planner (in this case p3d which is the same thing)? They export plg files. I thought FSX was PLN. Or is it both?

I get that I need to lean how to chart with my brain, but I'm not asking that at this point. I'm asking how to get the GPS to do more than A > B in FSX. Is that not possible?

Yes, you can "export" the flight plan that you have created in PlanG in a .pln-file and save that in your P3D or FSX-folder. In the sim you load up the flight and are ready to go with all the waypoints in your GPS. You can even let the autopilot fly that route (if the plane you fly has one). Very cool. B)

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Sweet! Thanks.

The Plan G I have does not have an export feature. So I'm thinking maybe I downloaded an older version or something.

It must have. Go to File/Export, top left. Read the manual to get the best from it, it does more than you think.

Rob.

Rob Jones.