Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

Error code 3 transaction has been declined?

Just went to buy the 300 but won't let me????

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I ended up using PayPal. I had just used my card to purchase the extended download for the 200 no problem.

Rick Hobbs

hmmm ... i was worried something was wrong with my card.

I suppose payments are only being done thru paypal then for the time being ?

Also, where can we get the updated OC ?

Bilal Asif Khan

I submitted a ticket and not long after changing to PayPal, Ryan had answered my ticket and was asking if I still had a problem. Real fast response, so if you don't want to use PayPal, I am sure PMDG will help out pretty quickly.

Rick Hobbs

Good to hear Rick. 

I have submitted my ticket.

Thanks

Bilal Asif Khan

Gents-

One of the things that we do out of necessity is to put really strict limits on card use during release periods...

We do this because some folks have gotten themselves into all manner of trouble by sitting there at their screen clicking on the "buy now" button over and over again, in the vain hope that it will make the internet faster.  We had one fellow during the NGX release who purchased 25 copies of the NGX, then since his credit card was maxed out, he went and got his brother's card- and made 21 more purchases on that card.

While we obviously refund the "dupes" we still pay the credit card processors for such frivolity- so we clamp down pretty hard on multiple transactions coming in a short period of time.

The down side is that some of you get nabbed because you typed your zip code wrong, or misspelled your name... and the transaction gets rejected the first time...   Now the system will simply decline any further activity from you until an hour has gone by.  Every time you try again- it starts the 60 minute timer over again.

We do this dynamically- so we start loosening the restrictions a bit after we get beyond the initial bow wave.  (We already started doing that a few hours after this release)

Some users still can't seem to get their card number, CVV code, address or zip code entered precisely as it appears on their statement- and this will always lead to problems...   If you have trouble with your card- there is always paypal...

I would ask that you don't discuss any issues with your credit card here in the forum- please just open a ticket if you need our help and we will take a look at your account to find out if there is an easily solvable problem.  Please just keep in mind that we cannot tell you why your card is rejected...  Makes sense if you think about why that would be so...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com