Sign in to follow this  
Samkman

77W ETOPS QUESTION

Could we, pretty please, have an SYSK for the "fix" page and drawing those pretty green fix circles? :P

e.g What they're used for IRL, in what cases using them would be appropriate, etc.

Of course, not including ETOPs and airport approach speed restrictions..

This is explained pretty well in the tutorial / tutorial video. I guess I could make a quicker video about it.

Kyle Rodgers

This is explained pretty well in the tutorial / tutorial video. I guess I could make a quicker video about it.

Flew the tutorial, but I'm constantly seeing people using them for various things enroute (during cruise, etc..), just wanted to find out what and why it's being done.

Aamir Thacker

Flew the tutorial, but I'm constantly seeing people using them for various things enroute (during cruise, etc..), just wanted to find out what and why it's being done.

I'll have to do some research into seeing what else people use it for.  I know I use it for some pretty random stuff, but I'd have to remember a few cases for why I did it, because it's usually just one of those one-off things.  Like most of the things up front, it's simply a tool to be utilized whenever you think you'd need it.

SOP:

Do I need to highlight something?  Yes?  Use the fix page.

I'll see what I can come up with though.

Kyle Rodgers

haha - you used "oder" in your earlier post, which gave it away  :P

Schwaegerl is another possible giveaway.

:D ok, that was obvious. Didn't noticed that.  :ph34r:

Philipp Schwaegerl

Ok Kyle, I still do not get the little arrow and the distance to my airport on the ND. :/ There is one picture here from one of your beta members who posted a picture with the T7 over the north pole with a arrow to his destination airport and a little arrow. Hm..

EDIT: here is the photo

13884586762_f1d0cb23f5_h.jpg

Philipp Schwaegerl

Ok Kyle, I still do not get the little arrow and the distance to my airport on the ND.

Are you using the MAX range of the ND?  If not, they won't show.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes. I got one on the ND. I must select the airports on the ALTN page. But I just can select one of four. But I must select all four to show on the ND, but how?! 

Sorry for the dumb question..  :ph34r:

Philipp Schwaegerl

Yes. I got one on the ND. I must select the airports on the ALTN page. But I just can select one of four. But I must select all four to show on the ND, but how?! 

They must be beyond the max range of the ND, and they must be listed in the ALTN list (don't need to be active/selected).  That's it.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok, i was just a bit confused. I had 3 alternates beyond the max range but none of them was shown on the ND (max range set). But when i selcted one of them, the information popped up on the ND. 

I know it's not a big deal and not necessary but I hate things I can't manage...  :lol:

And thanks for the help Kyle. :)

Philipp Schwaegerl

Oh Kyle, you will hate me. I still don't get them all four on the ND.  :ph34r:

Believe me I've done all the things you said. The ALTN page is full with the altn airports. At the moment I'm over the Indian Ocean with my Emirates -300ER and my alternates are beyoned the max range of the ND and none of them is showing up (max range set). 

When I select one of the four, the airport and the distance with the little arrow is showing up. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Believe me I've done all the things you said. The ALTN page is full with the altn airports. At the moment I'm over the Indian Ocean with my Emirates -300ER and my alternates are beyoned the max range of the ND and none of them is showing up (max range set). 

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/424440-closest-airports-with-arrows-on-the-nd/

Kyle Rodgers

Oh boy.... I better don't tell you what I've done wrong...  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :lol:

Philipp Schwaegerl

Oh boy.... I better don't tell you what I've done wrong...  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :lol:

I bet I can guess...  :lol:

Hit the "ARPT" button?

Jon Skiffington

Great videos on YouTube and threads. Quick question. I flew from KJFK to LSZH in a 777-200LR. I had CYYT , LPLA, EINN. With these three airports I hade two ETP's. Watching the many youtube videos simmers have posted, I did not understand the FIX INFO page. When using PFPX or SIMBRIEF I get almost identical data with Entry, ETP's, and EXISTS. However, when trying to keep track of it in the FMC on the PMDG 777, I am getting a little confused on the FIX INFO Mileage. 

If I had these three airports with ETOPS120 should I use 797 miles or 453 miles for the rings? 453 does not overlap for example between CYTT and LPLA. However, when I go to 797nm miles it does. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Abe

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled.