Sign in to follow this  
chingiz

ETA Time in Progress Page

Not seeing this here, at least in the 77W enroute right now:

a5cabe.png

Not all that helpful on it's own, I know, but in an effort to help narrow things down, could you check without your ATC client, etc., to see if there is some potential conflict there ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

hello, I have exactly the same problem timer at 19h52z, ETA 16h... on progress and my Pc have 21h52 (UTC+2 at Paris)

rgrds

For the benefit of those having the issue, disclosure on some of the software in use:

FSX w/ SP2

FS Real Time (time sync utility for sim)

FSInn client for VATSIM

For the benefit of those having the issue, disclosure on some of the software in use:

FSX w/ SP2

FS Real Time (time sync utility for sim)

FSInn client for VATSIM

Have you tried without using FSRealTime ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

Not yet but after this event flight in to Boston I'm definitely going to start some trial and error with FSRealTime. I don't think the issue is FSInn (hasn't caused an issue in years) but one never knows.

Not yet but after this event flight in to Boston I'm definitely going to start some trial and error with FSRealTime. I don't think the issue is FSInn (hasn't caused an issue in years) but one never knows.

Sounds good.

That's not to say that the issue is with either of those programs, it may be an issue with the 777, but in the effort of narrowing it down and all...

I don't use either of them, and have not seen the issue on two flights so far.

Keep us posted.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guys,

We need some more information on this - this wasn't something observed by anyone during the SP1 or 300ER testing.

1. What are your PC specs? Are you using a recent Asus motherboard by chance? There is a documented issue with the event timer in the BIOS/UEFI on these boards and we're no longer recommending them. (this is mentioned in the SP1 Intro manual)

2. Are you positive you are not using old panel states or saved flights from the RTM version of the airplane? These are not compatible with SP1 or the 300ER, panel states must be made with the version of the airplane being used.

3. Is this reproducible or random?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Are you using a recent Asus motherboard by chance? 

Just as an aside on this particular issue.  I had a problem with the UEFI clock running slow on my ASUS, the latest revision of firmware resolved my issue, it has happened before and the only fix was to manually reset the BIOS using the jumper on the board.

Ian R Tyldesley

OK as a check go to the POS INIT page 1 and press DEL and then hit 4L (the key next to GPS time). Anything happens ?

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Thank you for the pointers.  With the help of the forum, I think I've got it sorted.

Problem occurred 100% of the time for me with 3 777-300 flights, with or without using FSInn, FS Real Time, etc. When I upgraded to SP1 and installed the 777-300, I used the OC to remove all 777 and NGX liveries, cleaned house basically.  However what remained was a customized saved panel state which loads by default for the 777 each time I started which I documented for re-installs:

PMDG 777-200LR jason startup profile

Start at default config, then...
SOUNDS: Play in exit view yes, Device Speakers
Resettable siren yes
Fuel Short range 18.7% 59,993 lbs.
Center fuel pumps off
Payload 67.9%
Beacon lights on
Logo Lights on
APU on
Stdby/TCAS off
A/T off
Parking brake on
COM1 122.8, ensure L VHF MIC on
Ground connections
 wheel chocks
 2 plugs pwr
 plugs connected
 air cond. connected

So when I launched FSX tonight, I went straight to my default home airport, loaded the 777-300. No other plug-ins that I normally run.  Programmed a quick flight plan so that I could bring up PROGress.  The problem was immediately evident where basically progress time stamps in Zulu were about 4 hours behind what it should have been.

Without relaunching FSX, I then used the FMC to load the default 777 startup config which ships with the 777. Then programmed a quick flight plan so that I could bring up PROGress.  The problem was immediately gone and the SID waypoints were correct based on the current known time on the chronometer.  I went so far as to load FS Real Time and modify the Zulu offset by -12 hours.  Both the chronometer and the PROGress times snapped instantly to their correct times.

Long story short, it was a modified default saved panel state that was loading with the aircraft as PMDG pointed at.

Thank you everyone. This was the only issue I've seen thus far. Quality aircraft as per usual from PMDG.

Jas

OK as a check go to the POS INIT page 1 and press DEL and then hit 4L (the key next to GPS time). Anything happens ?

Afer the above fix, when I perform your steps, nothing happens which I presume is correct now. POS INIT 4L currently shows the correct UTC time.

OK. You should never do that but all is well in the end.

Never, ever, ever use old version panel states with a new release.

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Works fine now. The old panel state was the culprit. Thank you all :mellow:

Rupert Perry