Sign in to follow this  
Izzydee84

FSX fuel Indication and FMC do not match - REF speed Inop

Good Afternoon All

I am experiencing a problem with two things on the 777.  The first, a repeating problem with fuel indication on FSX and FMC even while ONLY using the FMC fuel management system.  FSX indicates, for example: at full it shows 89% while on FMC I select full.  I tried re-installing after performing other tweaks from both ends; on the FMC and on FSX.  I particularly noticed that when I default the values on FSX to zero in an attempt to allow FMC to set the correct amount, the values on FSX return to their original values reflecting 89% instead of 100% fuel.  The same occurs with any of the other fuel levels selected on the FMC.  The values do not match.  Is there a workaround to correct this?  Or, is this a normal occurrence?  When first installed the values always matched.

My second problem relates to the REF final approach speed when selected on the FMC prior to final approach.  The change, or selection populates the field in the Init page but does not change the values on the legs screen.  I have to manually make the changes on the FMC in order for it to take.

Lastly, the ILS frequency has the same problem where I have to PARK the value in the NAV Radio frequency section in order to properly configure for final speed.

Are there any solutions or work-arounds to these occurances that anyone knows about?  SP1 was also installed and the condition still remains.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Do you use old panel states maybe? If so delete it and run SP1 again to get new ones.

I never checked if FSX and PMDG fuel entries matches.

What do you expect to be updated at legs page by selecting REF speed for landing?

Well for the fuel issue. Did you try enabling the AUX fuel tanks and then see if fsx sees 100%?

You were "RIGHT ON".  I changed the tank setting for auxiliary fuel tank and corrected right away.  The old panel states were deleted before installation of SP1 as the instructions suggested before a clean installation.  I deleted all files and folders from all locations to allow for SP1 to do a clean start.  The final REF 30/137 from the Approach Preference page populates the field when selected on the FMC but when I check for that selection change on the legs as it should for final approach speed to the runway, the FMC Legs remain unchanged at 170/1600ft and runway entry.  I have to manually change it.  That seems to continue.

But the fuel problem was resolved per your suggestion to add auxiliary tank.  It immediately resolved.  THANKS! :)

How does one "enable the auxiliary tank"? Is it in a .cfg file, or operations center?

Neither. It's in the FMC options menu, where all other customizations are available.

You should read introduction manual.

The final REF 30/137 from the Approach Preference page populates the field when selected on the FMC but when I check for that selection change on the legs as it should for final approach speed to the runway, the FMC Legs remain unchanged at 170/1600ft and runway entry

Hi,

Are you sure that the ref speed should change in the leg page? If it is the case then I have the same bug because I always get 170kt at the FAF in the leg page. 

The only reference I could find in the FCOM talks about the VFR approach function where it says that the VNAV programs arrival at the FAF at 170kt, which matches with what I actually have. But I could find anything regarding IFR approaches.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

You were "RIGHT ON". I changed the tank setting for auxiliary fuel tank and corrected right away. The old panel states were deleted before installation of SP1 as the instructions suggested before a clean installation. I deleted all files and folders from all locations to allow for SP1 to do a clean start. The final REF 30/137 from the Approach Preference page populates the field when selected on the FMC but when I check for that selection change on the legs as it should for final approach speed to the runway, the FMC Legs remain unchanged at 170/1600ft and runway entry. I have to manually change it. That seems to continue.

But the fuel problem was resolved per your suggestion to add auxiliary tank. It immediately resolved. THANKS! :)

The legs page is functioning as it should. This is not the same fmc software as the 737. If you fly a vnav approach, you have to use speed intervention and change the speed yourself.

Remember that the 737NG is actually newer than the 777 and the fmc software in one is not the same as the other.

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

the FMC Legs remain unchanged at 170/1600ft and runway entry.  I have to manually change it.  That seems to continue.

As a couple others have mentioned, I'll bring up the line in the intro manual that far too few have taken note of:

This is not the NGX.

This is explained in greater detail in Tutorial 1 (specifically when Ryan is writing about the descent and approach segments).  The short version is that you will have to use SPD INT to set your speed manually.  This is the proper function of the AP in the 777.

Additionally, it's best to ignore the FSX fuel indications when using complex aircraft.  PMDG circumvents most of this to simulate proper fuel use.  This is why you need to add/remove fuel via the FMC and not via the FSX menus.

Kyle Rodgers