Sign in to follow this  
woodhick

Save & Exit A Flight

Is it possible to start a flight and at some point save and exit same and then restart the saved flight from that point?   Does P2ATC follow along with the saved flight?  Using P3Dv2.2

I would like to know this also, was just thinking about this subject last evening.

Regards

Lamar Wright

P2ATC does not really save flights.  However, you can accomplish the same goal by doing the following:

Closing Down

1) Be sure your flight plan is validated and saved before you exit

2) Save  the flight in the simulator so you can resume it

3) Make Note of the Frequency you are on and Controller you're talking to

4) Close P2ATC and the Sim if you want

Starting Up

1) Get the Sim back to where you want to pick up the flight

2) Start P2ATC and Load the Flight Plan

3) File the Flight Plan

4) Be sure you are on the same frequency as when you left

5) Make the appropriate call to the controller.  For Example, if you were en-route with Center, make a call like "Center, Beech 1VB level at Twelve Thousand"

P2ATC will figure out what Route segment you are nearest, respond to the call and pick up where you left off.

You can also use this capability to do repetitive practice of approaches by shooting an approach and then repositioning your aircraft to start a new one and make the call to Approach Control.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Great!!  Exactly what  needed to know.  Thanks and thumbs up

That is a great feature Dave, especially for long flights when one is interrupted and must shut down without the plan being completed.

Unfortunately for me I elected to uninstall the program as the speech recognition just was not working hardly at all. Request Altimeter worked ok (99% of the time) but the rest was mixed with errors or non-responsive.

Couple of questions.

1. Is it possible to have (maybe there is one I did not see) a master switch to shut off all background chatter with a mouse click? As a new user I quickly got overwhelmed with all the chatter of the .wav files I had installed. I tried to delete them in Configuration but they just reappeared. Their audio level was higher than the controller. Maybe a master audio level control for them.

2. Is your 15 day trial based on calendar days, or days of usage?

Its a very nice program and may try it again, as I do keep up with your changes.

regards,

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Chuck,

Sorry you had problems with the speech recognition.  It does take some getting used to.  It is getting better over time, but I understand, not all the way there yet.  One thing that some users have indicated is  that the recognition rate goes up if you use the phrases with the Call Sign up front for the requests.  In fact, in some cases that is required.  Most readbacks allow it to be either up front or at the end.

Hopefully you tried the version 1.3.0.1 that added the sample phrases to make it more obvious what some acceptable phrases are.  If not, you may want to give that a quick try.

1)There is a Mute switch just to the right of  the COM1/2 button in the top left of the main window.  It's a speaker image with a "Not" symbol over it.  That cuts out the chatter, but lets the controller voice continue to operate.  The two buttons below that are Volume Up and Down, again affecting the volume of the background chatter.

2)The 15 day trial is calendar days to give you a chance to see if it works in your environment.  If you decide you want to try a future version after your trial has run out, just email me and I'll be able to give you another go at it.

Thanks for giving it a go and I hope you try it again soon.

Dave