Sign in to follow this  
captinrodney

Good Complex Training Aircraft?

Hey guys,

This is my first post.

My girlfriend wants me to teach her to fly in FSX and i have the A2A 172 for basic training. I also have the RealAir duke for ME turbine training. What are some suggestions for a good, single engine, retractable gear, trainer? 

Thanks alot :rolleyes:

Just throw her in a 737-200 or other complex airplane. Worked very well to get rid of a girl from flight simulator to spare me time on training :)

If you're actually serious about training, the default should make it. Along with the inbuilt flight lessons with rod machado. A first timer doesnt need complex ga...

Hey guys,

This is my first post.

My girlfriend wants me to teach her to fly in FSX and i have the A2A 172 for basic training. I also have the RealAir duke for ME turbine training. What are some suggestions for a good, single engine, retractable gear, trainer? 

Thanks alot :rolleyes:

Lucky man!!!! Mine looks at me and says just go fly a real one! To which I reply I don't have access to a 777. She then says whats the difference? I reply saying about 300 tons and in FSX fuel isn't $6 a gallon....... Gotta love GA flying.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Has she done any FSX flying before?  I would suggest something simple like the Sitka Landing

Mission in the default 172.  Let her fly that a couple of times  I'll wager dollars to Navy beans

"Someone" will have a flight controller stuck where the sun don't shine soon!  My guess...it won't

be her. :o

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The Beechcraft Bonanza is a pretty "classic" aircraft. Carenado makes three versions that are pretty nice in my opinion, though I only have one of them -- the F33A.

Also, though it may not be that sexy, the Cessna 182RG & 177 Cardinal are both a very good & popular planes, and Alabeo makes versions that are affordable. (Don't have either though.)