Sign in to follow this  
Guest monsoon

Level-D 757-200??? Anyone know about this...

I keep hearing Level-D is going to do a 757 version of it's popular 767. Both these aircraft have the exact same cockpit so I would guess all that needs to be done is a visual model including a VC and some FDE enhancements.Anyone know about this??? :-hmmm

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Dillon,I believe so, although no official statement has been made I guess. If you go over to the LevelD forum you'll find lots of posts in both support and general forum about the 757 including posts from developers and beta testers indicating a 757 will follow.Hope this helps,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/2700DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.66.81), CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

I've looked on Level-D's forum and found no official mention of a 757... :(

FS2020 

i downloaded the LDS767 turorial here from avsim, and at the bottom of the pdf, it says "we hope you enjoy your new product, look for a new 757 soon" or something like that. But i do remember reading it. Which that was written by the beta testers. I think we really can be expecting a new 757 sometime this year or next. With all the talk, i have a feeling that would be their next plane.Not positive about this, but we may be getting ready for one. :):-wave

What't the difference in the cockpits??? :-hmmm To my understanding the 757/767 have the same flight decks...

FS2020 

I believe if there is a difference at all it can't be great. As far as I know the type rating is the same for the 75 as for the 76 but I might be wrong?!Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/2700DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.66.81), CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

>757 will be after the patch. The cockpit are not 100% the>same.It's not a patch, but a maintance update...so they say. But what's in a name :-hah

Guest LLgaz

As far as I remember, Wade said that there will definitely be a 757. The reason for the delay is that he's trying to implement realistic EPR guages into the panel for the 757. That will most likely be one of the main differences between the 757 and the 767 panels. When that's done, the 757 will be released. Whether it will be released before the upgrade for the networked guages or after, I do not know.In the meantime, PSS and CaptainSim will be releasing 757s. But I will of course be waiting for the LevelD 757.EDIT:Here's Wade's post:>>>Right now I haven't done EPR based engines because AKAIK nobody has figured out how to do EPR adequately to be able to produce real world EPR values for an engine over a wide range in FS. I want to be able to reproduce the actual engine values before I'll do an EPR based engine. I am going to have to do that for the 757 though, so an update for the '67 would be a definite possibility when the 757 is released. Before anyone asks I'm not saying anything more about the '57 right now.Regards,Wade<<<<<<http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...27980&mode=full

PSS is the only one doing the 757, CaptainSim has only posted information on their 767 project... :-hmmm I sure with Level-D would post official information on the 757 instead of unofficial rumors floating around in forums. They could at least post screenshots on their main website or mention the 757 is in the works...

FS2020 

Guest Mark McG

Plenty of hints about it at the Level D forums.

Yep, the PSS 757 is in development...

FS2020