Sign in to follow this  
738NGFREAK

Ctd When Wind Data Uplink Is Requested

Hello to all,

I'm expiriencing a CTD whenever I try to load the wind aloft data into the fmc. No matter if in flight or on ground it happens direct by pushing the request button :huh:

It happens only with the -300 and SP1. Has anyone the same issue and can help me?

Best Regards,

Sven Wendel

Sven Wendel

Has anyone the same issue and can help me?

What weather program are you using?

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Scandinavian,

If you ask me so I guess it works only with Active sky right? I use FS global real weather since a long time

Sven Wendel

Hello to all,

I'm expiriencing a CTD whenever I try to load the wind aloft data into the fmc. No matter if in flight or on ground it happens direct by pushing the request button :huh:

It happens only with the -300 and SP1. Has anyone the same issue and can help me?

Best Regards,

Sven Wendel

Hi Sven,

I had the same, it is because it looks for a file in the folder <your fsx folder>\PMDG\wx. This file has the format "departureicaodestinationicao.wx" and it contains the winds aloft data generated by the weather program. In my case it was AS2012 SP2. I don't know if your program can generate the same data.

If yes, copy/paste in a text file, rename to the name specified above and place it in the WX folder, then the wind request will work.If this file is not present, it will CTD

Yves

If you ask me so I guess it works only with Active sky right? I use FS global real weather since a long time

It works with many of the weather add-ons.  Unfortunately, some of them aren't formatting it properly, and it's apparently writing too much data for the field, so it's causing CTDs.  I think PMDG has reached out to those developers, but they've also updated how the feature handles the data.

So, for now, you might want to disable the WX file from FSGRW, or disable the wind request feature in the PMDG menus.  That way, the PERF INIT uplink will still work in the meantime.  What's happening is that, as soon as the PERF INIT uplink completes, the plane immediately requests weather.  Since the weather file is incorrect...BANG...CTD.

EDIT:

For more info, see here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/446916-pref-init-uplink-fsgrwcrash/#entry3041181

Kyle Rodgers

Hi to all,

thank's for the help, it is much appreciated! I will have a look into that.

Regards

Sven Wendel

Sven Wendel