Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Very Impressive War Thunder Cdk

These tools look absolutely awesome. (and modern)

Very nice!!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Looks great no doubt but I wish war thunder was more realistic,Thats why I uninstalled it and bought IL-2 battle of Stalingrad. I wanted to like war thunder but it seems to arcade to me which is a shame since the maps and planes that are in that game look so great!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Couldn't you have kept both?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Couldn't you have kept both?

War thunder just lacked realism to me and the mouserammers were the frosting on the cake.  What I wish they would do is take the Graphics engine and all the 3d models of the planes and make a real sim that you buy up front as this would keep the number of trolls to a minimum as they'd have to pay for it plus have a joystick and rudder pedals.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

War thunder just lacked realism to me and the mouserammers were the frosting on the cake.  What I wish they would do is take the Graphics engine and all the 3d models of the planes and make a real sim that you buy up front as this would keep the number of trolls to a minimum as they'd have to pay for it plus have a joystick and rudder pedals.

Funny. Pretty sure the engine is a heavily modified version to the IL-2 CLOD engine.

Funny. Pretty sure the engine is a heavily modified version to the IL-2 CLOD engine.

It maybe but CLOD doesn't allow you to fly with a mouse or give you a giant warning that your about to stall..."Thanks sim but I know the plane is about to stall because of the buffet so I don't really need the giant message across my screen" Its little things like that which bug me the most.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

It maybe but CLOD doesn't allow you to fly with a mouse or give you a giant warning that your about to stall..."Thanks sim but I know the plane is about to stall because of the buffet so I don't really need the giant message across my screen" Its little things like that which bug me the most.

Hmmmmmmmm......

Well my main point in even starting the thread was about the great content creation tools. As shown, I can see them practically inviting people into feeling creative. Freeware maps of very high quality would probably proliferate like weeds if the FSX tools were that easy and intuitive.

Devons rig

Looks great no doubt but I wish war thunder was more realistic,Thats why I uninstalled it and bought IL-2 battle of Stalingrad. I wanted to like war thunder but it seems to arcade to me which is a shame since the maps and planes that are in that game look so great!

So I hate to say it but over the last year I've played this game maybe 300 hours.  I would find myself wanting to play one battle and 10 battles later I'm still playing.  

I would say the Arcade mode is pretty arcadey.  The historic or realistic mode (Can't remember what they call it now) is a happy medium for me.  Still 3rd person view, has some better flight dynamics but doesn't force you to stare at your screen looking for bad guys, since it puts red names over them. I tried the simulator mode which locks you first person, have to deal with mixture and whatnot a few times.  To me it's insanely hard if you don't have head tracking or something, plus the queue wait times are extremely long.  Only to get in and ground loop on take off.

So I hate to say it but over the last year I've played this game maybe 300 hours.  I would find myself wanting to play one battle and 10 battles later I'm still playing.  

I would say the Arcade mode is pretty arcadey.  The historic or realistic mode (Can't remember what they call it now) is a happy medium for me.  Still 3rd person view, has some better flight dynamics but doesn't force you to stare at your screen looking for bad guys, since it puts red names over them. I tried the simulator mode which locks you first person, have to deal with mixture and whatnot a few times.  To me it's insanely hard if you don't have head tracking or something, plus the queue wait times are extremely long.  Only to get in and ground loop on take off.

Its called full real battle mode.

War thunder has hordes of people buying joysticks and learning how to fly, and then if they get good enough, they get into Full Real Battles. The next generation of possible simmers may be being born in other places.

Devons rig

In 2009 Gaijin Enterprises made a great WWll air combat game called "Wings of Prey" and I still have it. I do believe War Thunder uses the same engine just updated a little. They have very nice graphics. In the game you have air battles in their version of BOB, BOS, Sicily, Ardennes and Berlin. I am one of the founders of the BOS IL2 and I do believe that this combat sim is going to raise the bar very high on future air combat sims. BOS is in Beta testing now and it is very realistic and historically correct. 

Regards

Lamar Wright

In 2009 Gaijin Enterprises made a great WWll air combat game called "Wings of Prey" and I still have it. I do believe War Thunder uses the same engine just updated a little. They have very nice graphics. In the game you have air battles in their version of BOB, BOS, Sicily, Ardennes and Berlin. I am one of the founders of the BOS IL2 and I do believe that this combat sim is going to raise the bar very high on future air combat sims. BOS is in Beta testing now and it is very realistic and historically correct. 

I have the PS3 version of wings of prey its the best sim for console hands down.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I have wings of Prey, as well, and the kids are all over War Thunder. Sometimes its startling hearing them calmly debating the merits of Tiger tanks and others which they now recognize on sight and know the strengths and weaknesses of as well as the planes.

I can't think of anything else in the world that would have ever gotten them seriously interested in such things.

Just as DTG's Train Simulator is making me aware of all the different types of trains out there.

Devons rig