Sign in to follow this  
LTCSZ

Fsuipc Assignment Question

Yeah, Me Again: Still have some questions...I have the registered version of FSUIPC...I have printed out the seven page list of commands available in the module, but can't seem to determine if these are in there somewhere:

Is there a command that will simply pop up and close the GPS?

Is there a command that will simply pop up and close the Radio Stack?

Is there a command that will simply pop up and close the Map?

Is there a command that will alternate between the GPS and Nav1?

These commands may well be in there somewhere and called by some other name...Sometimes the terminology is confusing (at least to me!)

Thanks for all of the assistance...

Steve

Steve

7 Miles NW of KGCK

You could always assign a button to keyboard commands. It would be difficult to have one command for the GPS to open as every aircraft may have it as different window assignment. 1,2 etc... Default n172. Shift 3 to open. Fsuipc Button and switches. Press button to assign. Check "Select for key press". Set keys to be sent when pushing this button. Enter Shift/3. On press opens the GPS one press closes.

As stated above, these are Windows and their position in the panel.cfg is not guaranteed to be consistent from plane to plane.

Even in the default planes they vary.

I think it's 66432 FLIGHT_MAP

Is there a command that will alternate between the GPS and Nav1?

This one I know 66375 TOGGLE_GPS_DRIVES_NAV1

regards,

Joe

edit-you might want to check those with the FSUIPC documentation in the Modules folder. The events I posted are from the FSX version and I don't have FSUIPC installed in FS9 on this PC. Sorry, thought I was in the FSX forum. I think they are the same.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

You don't say what aircraft you are using, but the commands are often shift-1; shift2 etc. Just assign following the advice of Rendi above. If you use  "aircraft specific" or "profiles" when assigning controls in FSUIPC, then it does not matter if different aircraft use a different key press for the GPS window for example. You can assign each one individually to the same joystick button of your choice.

If the window is not available to be opened with a preset key combination, you can set this up through FS9 controls. If that fails you may be able to create a "mouse macro" in FSUIPC to do the same thing.

Peter Schluter

A lot of controls and assignments can be set for specific aircraft models by selecting appropriately the choice of either the loaded aircraft or the all aircraft. see the manual for details.

So, for different aircraft models, you just assign the button to the appropriate command string to open the window for that aircraft loaded. One aircraft might be shift-2 and another shift-3 for the throttle quad. So the button as programmed with the current profile loaded (current model) will send out the appropriate string you set up for that model.