Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Airport-Terminal Pack, A must buy.

Guest wathomas777

Okay, Okay, I don't want to hear a litany of complaints and whines about the "Airport" disaster series of movies. I'm sorry but I love them, each and every cheezy, unrealistic, melodramatic minute of them.If you are like me, and can have a healthy sense of humor, this new DVD release is a must buy.The 2 DVD pack contains all 4 Airport movies. Starting with Airport, Airport 1975, Airport 1977, and my personal favorite, Airport 79 the Concorde.So mindnumbingly bad is "the concorde" that you can't help but laugh. The Concorde is one of those movies you compare with "Airplane" (made a year later) and wonder which one is the spoof?From the classic scene with George Kennedy (Joe Patroni, of course, now miraculously promoted to Captain, or rather was he demoted from Vice President of operations????(AP75) Joe's been around....) sticking his hand out the cockpit window while in flight to fire a flare gun to spoof a heat seeking missile, to Martha Raye fighting a malfunctioning lavatory, to the response Joe makes when the lead stewardess says that the pilots are 'such men'.... ("That's why they call it a Cockpit Honey.....")These movies are more cheese than can be found in a cheddar convention.And for the low price of $20.00 (And as a bonus, you do get the original Airport, which is quite a good movie despite it's age).Then to round off the festivities, get Airplane!. I bought it at Best Buy for $10.99 even though it was listed at $15.99.Airport Terminal Pack and Airplane. A must have for any aviation buff who refuses to take themselves too seriously.....I am serious...And don't call me Shirley....

Guest JDH

Where from, where from??????? I've got Airport on DVD already, but it only cost me

Guest rmce

I agree. You cannot tell the difference bewtween the spoof and the original.Just as I was about to give up smoking, heroin, sex, breathing, drinking......

I love the Airport series too, espeacially Concorde episode for the same kind of reasons you do. I live in Innsbruck and the foothills of the "Patscherkofel" - this is the Mountain where they do the emergency landing at the end - start right at innsbruck's city limit. They landed on a Glacier on this mountain, although in real live there is absolutely no Glacier on this Mountain (it is not high enough, only 2250 meters). There is not a single flat area on this Mountain, where the could have done this emergency landing, there are only steep slopes. Would have been a better idea to do the landing at Innsbruck Airport (LOWI) which is just 2 - 3 miles away from the bottom of this particular Mountain. But I'm glad that they didn't land at the airport - this would have been too boring ;-)Wolfgang

Guest wathomas777

check the website on Universal's home page.Also do a google search for "Airport Terminal Pack". I got mine at Best Buy in the states.

If they wanted a glacier, they should have made a short detour to the Hintertux.......

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png