Sign in to follow this  
gatetothesky762

pedestral wxr test button= fsx crash

This often happens with software issues when only a couple users have the issue.  It's really difficult to track an issue down if you don't see it on your computer (as is/was my case - I've never seen the issue, even though Dan did).  Because of this, it requires more reports from users to help pin the issue down.

It's similar to a situation where my buddies call me on the phone and I have to walk them through creating some complex Excel function without seeing the data.  It's tough to create the function without seeing the data, but with enough pointers to what the data looks like (multiple reports of crashes), you can pin down what to do/fix.

i'm not a developers or programer , i'm a customer , its not my job to track lot of complex issue . i'm a customer i have adress a ticket 3day ago with only one response : ''it's your issue its your system fault''. i go here for speak on that issue and lot of customer have this issue . pmdg do your job its not my job to test anything. i sai you that test button can result of a ctd on old computer configuration resolve this issue,  point. 

i'm not a developers or programer , i'm a customer , its not my job to track lot of complex issue . i'm a customer i have adress a ticket 3day ago with only one response : ''it's your issue its your system fault''. i go here for speak on that issue and lot of customer have this issue . pmdg do your job its not my job to test anything. i sai you that test button can result of a ctd on old computer configuration resolve this issue,  point. 

Go back and read my original post.  I wasn't responding to you.  I was responding to someone else entirely...

In any case, you're right.  It's not your job to track or test anything.  You should simply report it.  My earlier post was simply to say that it's tough for PMDG (or any developer) to track down issues that users are having if they can't see the issue on their own system.  If only a handful of users are having the issue, and the developer can't see it on their own system, it's very, very difficult to solve.  That was my only point.

People are usually here to help you.  It's usually a good idea to be nice when asking for help...

Kyle Rodgers

Not sure if this might be a bug, or whether it's by design...

If you don't turn on the weather radar (WXR button on the EFIS control panel) and you press the "Test" button on the weather radar control panel, then you get a random "rainbow" self test pattern which seems a bit odd. This self test pattern starts and stops at varying positions and durations each time the "Test" button is pressed. 

Once the weather radar is switched on then the "Test: mode works 100% according to the Collins WXR 2100 Operators Guide.

I was just wondering if this behaviour is correct... not that it's really important. I was just playing around with it.

For those of you who are into the "as real as it gets" genre... try the following: (and only if you're interested...  ^_^)

Press both the Captain's and First Officer's "TFR" buttons... the weather radar will display the radar test pattern.

According to the Collins Operators Guide this is due to the fact that the radar is no longer able to determine which settings to use (Captain's or First Officer's) to supply information to the EFIS.

It's modelled perfectly in the 777.

Not sure if this might be a bug, or whether it's by design...

If you don't turn on the weather radar (WXR button on the EFIS control panel) and you press the "Test" button on the weather radar control panel, then you get a random "rainbow" self test pattern which seems a bit odd. This self test pattern starts and stops at varying positions and durations each time the "Test" button is pressed. 

Once the weather radar is switched on then the "Test: mode works 100% according to the Collins WXR 2100 Operators Guide.

I was just wondering if this behaviour is correct... not that it's really important. I was just playing around with it.

For those of you who are into the "as real as it gets" genre... try the following: (and only if you're interested...  ^_^)

Press both the Captain's and First Officer's "TFR" buttons... the weather radar will display the radar test pattern.

According to the Collins Operators Guide this is due to the fact that the radar is no longer able to determine which settings to use (Captain's or First Officer's) to supply information to the EFIS.

It's modelled perfectly in the 777.

if you press wxr test button fsx crash totally we are many user that have this issue i know how a plane fly and how a simple weather radar works thanks for the "lesson"

if you press wxr test button fsx crash totally we are many user that have this issue i know how a plane fly and how a simple weather radar works thanks for the "lesson"

Hi, my apologies for the "lesson". It wasn't meant to be one and I probably should've posted my observations in a different thread.

Man, aren't you a ray of sunshine...

Honestly, I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of people who will happen upon that post and appreciate the extra knowledge.  I understand that you started the thread, but give the guy a break.

Hi, my apologies for the "lesson". It wasn't meant to be one and I probably should've posted my observations in a different thread.

For what it's worth, I appreciated it.

I know people think I'm just a mean old cuss, but I do appreciate knowledge.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Thanks for the moral support. Now I know how you must feel...  :unsure:

Thanks for the moral support. Now I know how you must feel... 

Welcome!  Knowledge is valuable.  Things like that shouldn't go missed or punished.  Difference between me and you, though, is that a lot of my own squabbles are somewhat self-inflicted.  I'll say something curt or blunt and it sets people off.  You, on the other hand, were simply trying to add something to the discussion.

So, you may know how I feel, but you certainly didn't deserve it, like I sometimes do! :wink: 

I learned something, so thanks for sharing.

Kyle Rodgers

Welcome!  Knowledge is valuable.  Things like that shouldn't go missed or punished.  Difference between me and you, though, is that a lot of my own squabbles are somewhat self-inflicted.  I'll say something curt or blunt and it sets people off.  You, on the other hand, were simply trying to add something to the discussion.

So, you may know how I feel, but you certainly didn't deserve it, like I sometimes do! :wink:

I learned something, so thanks for sharing.

Kyle, you're welcome.

sorry guys i'm french i have lot of difficulties to speak english with no traduction it a good training for me but in case i transalte words i have difficulties with the sense on your words , sorry for that and thanks for the help here. its difficult to speak on an program issue in a complex simulated product and in english for me sorry if i dont speak well , im not a bad guy or anything just a guy who want to report he's issue with all ...

sorry guys i'm french i have lot of difficulties to speak english with no traduction it a good training for me but in case i transalte words i have difficulties with the sense on your words , sorry for that and thanks for the help here. its difficult to speak on an program issue in a complex simulated product and in english for me sorry if i dont speak well , im not a bad guy or anything just a guy who want to report he's issue with all ...

No problem... I understand your frustration with a CTD issue. Hope it gets resolved soon.