Sign in to follow this  
Ss944

New PC recommendation

wondering if i can get some feedback on this build - http://pcpartpicker....44/saved/YPXJ7P

I am running a imac 27" (2012 i5 with 1GB GPU) -- on bootcamp windows 7 currently. Bootcamp is specifically for FSX , P3D only.

Looking to get a separate PC for improved performance , Plan to use the 27" iMac as the display as well. I have a 512GB SSD (Samsung Evo 840) which i currently have P3D installed andwill move that to my new PC. OS will be windows 7 pro 64bit.

I have never put together a PC build before so any feedback is appreciated.. I am still debating whether to build myself or to take to a Micro Center type place so they can build for me :)..

I would like to stay within $1800 USD if possible

Thank you

Sri

Very nice rig when it's built, I would say. Build it yourself and put the money in your pocket, because if you take your time, you will probably do a better job and you will probably enjoy doing it.

If you haven't done a build yourself before, don't be intimidated. Watch videos, read a lot and it will be a lot easier than you thought. The secret is in the research and patience. The same goes for overclocking too (if you intend).

Good luck,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Looks spot on.  See if you can maybe change the RAM to some 2400mhz stuff, other than that, job's a good'un

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

The CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer is an awesome case. My old PC was built around this case, and I had no hesitation in selecting it again when I ordered my new PC a few weeks ago.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thank you for all the feedback.

I am upgrading the RAM to Corsair Vengeance Pro - 2400Mhz 16gb. 

I am also reading elsewhere - that the H100i might be a bit tight for the Cooler master case and H80i might be a better fit.. Based on that moving to a H80i Liquid cooling instead of H100i..

If you want to stick with the H100i, you can always go to the Coolermaster HAF XM, that case will take up to a 280mm rad and is awesome for air flow plus it has two hot swop bays, very handy. That is my case and I love it. It also has a quick release side panel for really fast and convenient access for cleaning maintenance and inspection.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thank you - I will take a look at the case.  I have made some progress today..

I was able to get a combo deal on the CPU / Motherboard -- on i7 4790K + Asus G97x - Pro Wifi for $439 and Jumped on that - Also getting the seasonic 760W platinum full modulare for $79 on a newegg deal.

I will have to make a decision on the case soon...

Is it even worth the $50 to upgrade my GPU to 6gb?

Thank you - I will take a look at the case.  I have made some progress today..

I was able to get a combo deal on the CPU / Motherboard -- on i7 4790K + Asus G97x - Pro Wifi for $439 and Jumped on that - Also getting the seasonic 760W platinum full modulare for $79 on a newegg deal.

I will have to make a decision on the case soon...

Is it even worth the $50 to upgrade my GPU to 6gb?

i7 4790K + Asus G97x - Pro Wifi for $439   Wow, nice price

I was wondering I anyone can tell me if the seasonic 760w platinum 80 is good for my build with gtx 780.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Ss944/saved/mckWGX

Do I need to upgrade my PSU to 850w?

Thank you

Sri

Not unless you plan SLI - the GTX 780 specs say 42A on the 12v rail... You should be just fine. (Math 760w / 12v = 63.3A)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Awesome enjoy!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |