Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

FO CDU, PFD & ND Shuts Off When Cutting Engines

Ok, fixed.You cannot map the A/P on your controller. You must press the button on the VC yoke.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Ok, fixed.You cannot map the A/P on your controller. You must press the button on the VC yoke.

Not true.  I have AP DISCONNECT mapped to my controller along with AT DISCO.

Here's how you do it (beware the slight dose of sarcasm that I think I recall tossing in that video  :ph34r: ):

Kyle Rodgers

I had this problem too. My fix was to shut down engine 2 first, wait a second or two before shuttiing down engine 1, thus allowing time for the APU to take the load.

All the best,

I don't know why Kyle thinks it is human error in this instance, I would have to depart from the normal shutdown sequence, and 12 months of flying the 777, I think I know how to shut it down, at least by now.

As I mentioned earlier, I worked help desks for too long to rule humans out completely.  A good number of the time, when I was able to go down and work with the person's issue while observing them, they would assert "I'm doing it exactly [per the manual, as you told me, etc]," but they weren't.  It's not me taking a shot at you, personally.  It's me realizing that people are human, and therefore prone to faults.  That's all.  I didn't say it was absolutely caused by you, but I wasn't going to say it absolutely wasn't.

Maybe Kyle will test doing an autoland, and see if it does it to him. User error indeed

I have video of me doing this, but it's pre-SP1.  I'll check again.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm also seeing this now you mention it.  Like Julian, I wasn't sure if it was correct behaviour not.  I don't think it's related to the AP DISCON either.  I would appreciate your further input on this please Kyle and I think Tessa might be onto something regarding the engine shutdown timing and possibly sequence.

Tim Gyno

No problem with that here though.

SP1b

I have mapped a button on my yoke via FSUIPC to key stroke Ctrl+Shift+Z (default PMDG key press for AP disc).

And it works perfect here.

Aslo after an Autoland on the runway.

How could pressing the AP disconnect switch be any different from using a key press for the same thing??

Something is up at your end with that!

As for the electrical system:

I never do any autolands so I have not noticed before, but after disengaging the AP (to get of the runway) after autoland just now, the PMDG electrical system stays in its 3 way seperated Autoland mode. (each one of the 3 AP is then powered by a separate power source).

The real 777 elec system will reset back to its normal mode when TOGA is pressed or when the AP is disconnected (you have to disconnect the AP to be able to get of the runway anyway so that should reset it.)

So during Autoland:

L MAIN powered by L Gen

R MAIN powered by R Gen

R XFR powered by Backup Gen.

Both Bus TIE breakers stay open and do NOT connect the running APU to the Main busses after landing untill the engines are shutdown (this is normal).

in the PMDG777 the elec system stays like this even if I disconnect the AP after an autoland (not normal).

(I have not tried and looked what happens with TOGA for a go around yet).

Now in my case, as I shutdown the engines the L and R TIE breaker closed immediately and no displays went black.

So even though the electrical system is not correctly configured here either, I do not have the black screens like you do.

You have the TIE breakers in AUTO right and no failures (check TIE breakers on elec synoptics are not amber)?

A far fetched onee would be that your TIE breakers close slower than mine. (makes no sence I know).

But if the TIE breakers were just a bit slower to close that would result in a Battery Only powered state which causes load shedding to drop some displays.

Untill the TIE breakers do close and APU comes online....then all displays work again.

Would be interesting to see how your TIE breakers are switching during engine shutdown.

Rob Robson

in the PMDG777 the elec system stays like this even if I disconnect the AP after an autoland (not normal).

Would you mind submitting a ticket on this please?

Kyle Rodgers

Would you mind submitting a ticket on this please?

Not at all.

I just thought I would wait a bit and see if and how the OP replies and if he wants to submit the ticket himself (since he discoverd the issue).

But I will if there are no more replies here.

Rob Robson

Not at all.

I just thought I would wait a bit and see if and how the OP replies and if he wants to submit the ticket himself (since he discoverd the issue).

But I will if there are no more replies here.

Honestly, might as well just submit a ticket if you see something too.  Different perspectives are nice, and often, even the differences in phrasing or experience could help track the issue down.  Please, submit your own.

Kyle Rodgers

With AP on ( I normally start APU when exiting runway.) and at the gate, with APU Gen "on" when I shut down engine 1 & 2, the ARIDU, CDU and ND, PFD on FO's side shut off, and then it re boots. This happens also if I connect external power.

This shut down issue began  after installing SP1 and still happens with SP1B. Before I send a ticket, is this normal behavior ? I am using "Long" panel state, and they are fresh panel states installed with SP1B. Any help appreciated.

I have the same issue, even following to the letter the steps described in the Tutorial 1, shutdown and secure procedure sections. Haven't submitted a ticket to PMDG yet. This problem is not bothering me too much, so if the solution is found please post it here.

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Honestly, might as well just submit a ticket if you see something too.  Different perspectives are nice, and often, even the differences in phrasing or experience could help track the issue down.  Please, submit your own.

ok

I have the same issue, even following to the letter the steps described in the Tutorial 1, shutdown and secure procedure sections. Haven't submitted a ticket to PMDG yet. This problem is not bothering me too much, so if the solution is found please post it here.

Edward

If one of you guys has the time, next time before you shut the engines down next time, display the elec synoptics page.

And take note of them TIE switches (to the left and right of the APU symbol).

Do they close instantly upon engine shutdown (as they should) or only after a second or so?

The real 777 elec system will reset back to its normal mode when TOGA is pressed or when the AP is disconnected (you have to disconnect the AP to be able to get of the runway anyway so that should reset it.)

By the way, I just tried it and after a go around (TOGA) the electrical system does reset to normal as it should :-)

pretty cool!

Rob Robson

Thanks Rob & Kyle. I did think at first wrongly that it was to do with mapping the ap disconnect to my yoke, but I think it was just a fluke, as I had hand flown on that particular occasion. But after further testing, I found it still occured with it not mapped.

Rob, as to the tie switches, there is a slight delay 1 or 2 seconds if I shut down both engines. The workaround, as another poster mentioned was to shut down engine 2 wait 2 secs, then engine 1.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

See....there is your anomaly!

In my PMDG777 the switch over is instant.

What version are you flying?

Freighter, -200, -300?

(me -200 and no problems)

Rob Robson

Thanks for your input Rob.

In my case the main BTB’s aren’t affected and close as expected. If I shutdown engine two when in bus isolation mode the BTB’s close and both main busses are powered by the left generator. The backup generator converter also opens the left TBB and has the left BUG takeover for the right BUG. This means now both the left and right XFER busses are now isolated from the main bus. Once I shut off engine one, the APU takes the load for both main AC busses, however the XFER busses are still isolated from the main busses for autoland.

Only by turning off both FD's can I bring it out of isolation mode.  Which of course as you said should happen with an AP disconnect.

I’ve tested this with all versions and all panel states with the same results.

Brian

Brian W

KPAE

In my case the main BTB’s aren’t affected and close as expected.

I’ve tested this with all versions and all panel states with the same results.

Brian

Just to confirm......you have no displays going black with any version?

Then if it is not a panel state and not a version.......then I do not know what could cause Badfingers black screens.

I cant reproduce that so I cant issue a support ticket for that.

I/we could still submit a support ticket for the elec system not resetting to normal after landing and AP disconnect, but since this causes no problems for you or for me at all........it is unlikely to be the cause for what Badfinger is seeing.......and thus even if PMDG would fix this then it would only be a cosmetic fix for the synoptics display.

Rob Robson