Sign in to follow this  
LN-KMM

Any further 777 expansions?

Gents,

After searching around I have been unable to find a good answer to this question... Has there been any word on any further expansions beyond the 300ER for the 777X? Are we ever going to see the -200ER or the -300.  Although I love the -300ER, personally I'm a fan of the a bit more underpowered aircraft such as the -200ER and -300. 

Going through the search results, RSR has referred to the -300ER as "the first expansion" a couple of times, but I can't find any more word then that.

Karl

The demand for a -200ER would be huge as some polls have shown. However, it is a major challenge to model all the different engine variants that the -200ER has. Maybe they'll do it after the 747 v2, we'll see. 

This is from the introduction manual (not blaming you for not reading it or anything):

Over the next few months we intend to expand your 777 fleet by adding

the 777-300ER, the 777-200ER and possibly a few others. With each

expansion will come a completely new set of challenges and quirks to

keep you entertained as you learn the differences between the handling

techniques required for each airframe type.

While their plans may change, the only official word we seem to have so far is that they will model the 777-200ER.

Agreed with the above. I think it's separate teams that can hopefully work on the 200er and 747 concurrently .

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I would love to see the 777-200ER 

It's really a lovely bird and still in heavy use :)