Sign in to follow this  
rjsagel

Update Question - Joystick PTT

I am running 24.04 and using Saitek Yoke Pro.  I like the left button under my index finger and for me it is button zero.  I select the yoke, and click the desired button which changes the button to zero.  When I go back it is setup but not enabled. I must enable the button for it to work.

I also believe that it must not be assigned in X plane.

If you have the resources for the 64bit version this will be far superior to the 32bit especially if you are interested in adding voices to your system.

1 hour ago, JeB1952 said:

I am running 24.04 and using Saitek Yoke Pro.  I like the left button under my index finger and for me it is button zero.  I select the yoke, and click the desired button which changes the button to zero.  When I go back it is setup but not enabled. I must enable the button for it to work.

I also believe that it must not be assigned in X plane.

If you have the resources for the 64bit version this will be far superior to the 32bit especially if you are interested in adding voices to your system.

I was able to install 2.4.04 and configured the joystick button agian, but still the the left button (0) still won't respond after I assign it.  The Saitek yoke does now reappear in the joystick select dropdown box so I thought for sure that was it...but wasn't.  In the Grmr Help as well as the main window selecting PTT button works fine but the assigned yoke button does not....hope the dev sees this and can help.  I'm having this issue with P3D.  Haven't tried with X-Plane yet so maybe there is some confict somewhere.

Thanks for your help appreciate it...

Got it working...somehow.  In the Grmr Help I don't think the joystick button is recognized only the PTT button.  Anyway, loaded and filed a flight plan and the PTT joystick assignment worked right away.  Excited to try this program out again using spacedesk to throw it off the main monitor to my laptop.  This seems like a good option for some that are struggling to get the complicated networked configuration working (like me!).

Thanks for the 'heads-up' JeB1952... I noticed a few issues with v2.4.0.3_x64 (namely a problem with ground controller deafness to taxi requests at Frankfurt) but have now updated to v2.4.0.4_x64 and will give it a test run. Thanks again.