Sign in to follow this  
gfd

Settings

I have a question and the answer is probably waiting to smack me in the face. There is a button to save settings on the Graphics page. What settings does it save?

Also, there doesn't seem to be a load settings button. Just Reset Defaults. What am I missing?

Thanks

Graham

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Maybe too simple a question. Can anybody give me a hint. Tks

Graham

You can choose between defaults and settings yours,that is your choice,if when you perform any changes,you will have to save all the changes,you cann always reset your own settings.

I have a question and the answer is probably waiting to smack me in the face. There is a button to save settings on the Graphics page. What settings does it save?

Also, there doesn't seem to be a load settings button. Just Reset Defaults. What am I missing?

Thanks

Graham

Afaik as I know it saves ALL settings on all the graphics tabs. Haven't tested if the other settings (General etc.) are saved too though.

You load settings by choosing it from the dropdown menu (yeah, right in the face! ^_^ ). BTW Up to now P3D never really loads all settings as it should: there always has been at least one thing that's loaded wrong. With 2.3 the interior shadows cast is always turned off when I load my settings so after loading settings I always have to correct that manually. Luckily I hardly ever load settings.

So the only actual solution is to save prepar3d config?

Hi folks,

Saving special settings has worked for me since v1.4 -

Make whatever adjustments you want, in any tab, such as traffic % - go back to general tab, click "save settings", it will open with a box to name it whatever you want, such as "Increased Traffic", and it will save ALL of your new settings plus the ones you didn't change.  You can click "save settings" again, and you'll see default plus you're new one.  FSX had the same feature.