Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

FSNavigator - No airports or runways!

I have an old friend who started using his FSNavigator 4.7 in FS2004 for the first time in about 3 years.  This evening we found that when we bring up FSNavigator within the sim, no airports or runways are displayed on the FSNavigator moving map. We are totally baffled by this.  My friend says that last time he used FSnav some years ago, all airports and runways showed up normally.  He showed me a screenshot from back then and sure enough there were the airports and runways.  I ran FSNav DBC to see whether this would make a difference. It didn't do anything at all.  So as of now, my friend has all waypoints, nav aids, and ILS's displayed within FSNav, but absolutely no airports, runways, taxiways, parking spots, etc.

Can anybody assist with this bizarre matter?  Thanks for any posts!

JS

Option 1:  From the FSNavigator Map view, make sure that the "view airports" option (looks like X) is selected.  These options are found on the right-side edge of the map.

Option 2:  The virtual commies (disguised as virtual aliens) have finally gained virtual world domination by taking all of your virtual airports from your virtual flying world.  They are now found on the virtual planet Mongo.

Hooray!  That worked, yay!  Thank you.

You know, when I was with my friend, it occurred to me to look down the list of icons, but after having a superficial glance, I thought to myself, Nah!  this can't be right. 

This is a good example of overlooking the blindingly obvious and it makes me wonder how often it's done in real life with fatal results.  Next time, I shall go with my gut and look more carefully.

Thanks again, phew!

JS

Great!  I'm coming out of my bunker now as I really thought Option 2 had a chance .......

Do not forget to run the database. This will add all your addon airports.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Thanks, Robin, I appreciate your post.  I actually ran the DBC as the first order of the day in trying to fix this because I wondered whether all the airports had dropped out magically (I mean, it is FS!).  But it didn't make a difference.  I did have a feeling that it might be one of the little FSNav sidebar icons, so it's interesting I didn't look more closely at the time and check every single one. 

JS