Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Last official version of Opus before requiring licence upgrade?

Hi there -- I am currently running a registered version of 3.47.0

What is the last official released version which works for my licence? 

I have heard the new beta versions are for a new opus release which will require a new licence. 

Thanks,

Ben

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Ben,

The latest OPUS release version is 3.50.0 from July 31st

Chris Sunseri

Thanks Pinlifter (Chris),

The latest OpusFSI Beta is also available to all licensed OpusFSX users, it will remain so until just before actual release. Just download and install in c:\OpusFSI, no need to remove OpusFSX or install new licenses or anything else.

Details of OpusFSI have been posted in a couple of OpusFSI topics on our SimForums.

Regards

Stephen :-)

What will be added to OpusFSX in the near future that makes an additional fee necessary?

Thanks Pinlifter (Chris),

The latest OpusFSI Beta is also available to all licensed OpusFSX users, it will remain so until just before actual release. Just download and install in c:\OpusFSI, no need to remove OpusFSX or install new licenses or anything else.

Details of OpusFSI have been posted in a couple of OpusFSI topics on our SimForums.

Regards

Hi Stephen, I understand the latest beta is available to all existing licensed Opus users but I do not want to run beta software, and as I understand, the beta will eventually expire and I will have to 'upgrade'. 

Is 3.47 the last 'official' version before the new license kicks in? Thank you.

No, OpusFSX version 3.50 is the current release version.

The OpusFSI 4.00.xx Beta can be installed in c:\OpusFSI allowing you to run either version. OpusFSI has had nearly two man-years of development work improving all aspects of the Live Camera and Live Weather interfaces. Hence the need for a paid upgrade. Previously we had released about 200 free upgrades to OpusFSX so its not all bad news. Of course the upgrade is optional, just think of it as helping to support the costly development including the ongoing development and support. We have always tried to be very fair though.

Thank you Stephen, I will download 3.50; I will certainly consider upgrading when it is out of the beta cycle as your support has been excellent.

Cheers.

Thanks Omni, much appreciated.

At the moment the OpusFSI 'Beta' might as well be labelled the 'Pre Release' version. Most discussions now are about what we plan to add after the release.