I guess the question everyone asks is will this run FSX or P3D at a high level..

Now I have been reading many of the posts to get an idea on what i would need to get as I look to finally upgrade my PC to be able to run FSX/P3D and a really impressive level with all the bells and whistles, ie REX, Ai, Orbx Global, PMDG etc etc without the fear of OOM crashes and Below are the specs of a PC i have been looking at already custom built...

Please add any thoughts or recommendations to the items below (ie maybe change to fans rather then liquid cooling, more Power etc etc??) plus the obvious one, is what I have given would run fsx/p3d without major issues.

i7 4970k quad core 4ghz overclocked @ 4.6ghz - Devil’s Canyon

Intel Z97 lga 1150 atx Chipset (asus maximum vii ranger)

MSI Geforce GTX 780 overclocked 3gb card

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 Satta III SSD

Seagate 2tb desktop SSHD 3.5

Cooler Master 750w powersupply

Corsair Hydro series h90 liquid cooler

16gb ddr3 1600mhz ram

As for my Monitors I currently only have 1920 x 1080 screens...

Outside of flightsim the only other games/sims I use are racing sims like Assetto Corsa and the F1 series from CM...

Now Im not the biggest Techy but I know a bit to get me by but don't get too technical LOL

My budget is about $2.5k (Australian) so I am also looking at the possibility of custom building to the parts I want

thanks in advance for any help smile.png

Flukey

I think the reason you are not getting replies is that this topic has been covered so thoroughly in this forum...

Just read a bit and you'll find all the info  ^_^

Bert

Thanks Bert....

I had a feeling that would be the reason and as I mentioned I have done a lot of reading, I think maybe I was just trying to reassure myself that this system is the right one :)

Cheers

that will be a great system I would probably up the ram to 2300MHZ and get a 1000w power supply even a 6 GIGS EVGA GTX780 if it comes in on budget

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K