Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Flight One's Canada / Alaska Scenery

Guest byoung

Anybody buy and use this yet? Is it anywhere close to Misty Fjords?Thanks!Barry

Guest panda234

Yes, it's great! I live in Halifax on a private dirt road that runs off another private dirt road and they're both there. The lake I'm on is perfect, and believe me, I know it well. Feels weird to fly over your own house, hehe. Yes, it's wonderful.billg

Guest byoung

Any FPS hit?And what about Alaska, Anybody fly around there? I know it covers Juneau, but what about Anchorage? I fly PANC - PADQ sometimes..Barry

Guest ponyboy

I'm curious to hear how that new 3-D night lighting looks. Saw a promo video of it a ways back and it looked really promising.

The night lighting is simply amazing. Night VFR is now much better because the major highways stand out. Lights shimmer and fade into the distance giving cities a kind of night glow. The pics don't do it justice.

Hi Michael,the only fps hit I noticed is during dusk & dawn across big cities, with full road system and 3D night lights. Other than that, there's little to none. Also, the installer utility provides many options to easily add or remove specific enhancements.Initial loading times have increased somewhat, again depending on your specific set-up for UT.As for close-ups, this is not photoreal scenery, it uses the same approach to landscape enhancements as my add-ons do, i.e., LWM polys, VTP vectors and default land class textures. It's just much, much more detailed than the default scenery ;-)Here are a few more images by David Voogd that also include some shots from lower down: http://forums.flightsim.com/dc/dcboard.php...d=412074&page=2Cheers, Holger

Hi Michael,compatibility patches for Misty Fjords should be ready in a few days ;-)Don't have my new rig yet but it should be here in a few days - it's like Christmas (with the last Christmas being five years ago) :-jumpy Cheers, Holger

Guest rlitchfield

In 1 word...AMAZING....in 3 words...WORTH THE MONEY.I am flying around my home airport which is just outside Montreal Quebec and the night flying is stunning. This adds a whole new level of realism to the night flying that was sadly missing.Day flight is also increadible. I flew past my house/street and all the roads were where they are suppose to be. This includes the small roads and the train track.Excellent job guys!!! I'm looking forward to covering the world in your work.Robert

Robert,I agree, there's a lot of value in this product. I'm excited about the comprehensive water data too, especially the rivers. I think it is sort of rare that you have a product that benefits both the general and commercial aviation enthusiasts to such a degree.On a related question, is there any Canada freeware/payware sceneries that anyone would recommend for use with Utlimate Terrain Canada? I would be especially interested in hub airports and also smaller, regional airports that see a fair amount of commercial traffic.

Guest thefringe

Just completed a dawn flight out of Vancouver to Juneau, and I have to concur with Robert. The night lighting leaving Vancouver was magnificent. Although this flight was made using ActiveSky real weather and was mostly overcast, there was enough ground view to make the flight SO MUCH more interesting due to the accurate coastlines, inlets, streams, etc. visible the entire trip. After being cleared by ATC for the LDA 8R approach to PAJN with the EEF transition(which I dialed into the Garmin GPS), I descended thru the overcast and captured the off-set localizer. All the islands were now placed properly for visual reference to 8R in a snowy Juneau. Can't wait to make the return flight to Vancouver for a dusk arrival with hopefully better weather !John M.

It sounds great.I want to try it but I already have FsGenesis Mesh & Landclass installed for the area and wonder about the compatability.Does anyone know how the two work together?