Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

Can´t make screenshots

Hi guys,

since I reinstalled my FSX after my HDD crashed, I can´t make screenshots. I´ve rechecked the buttons, "V" is assigned. It´s mystery to me as it worked perfectly before. Has anyone an idea?

You get no small pause when you hit the V key and no photo sitting in the Pilot

Records/Photo section? Have you installed any addons that might have taken

over the V key function?

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You get no small pause when you hit the V key and no photo sitting in the Pilot

Records/Photo section? Have you installed any addons that might have taken

over the V key function?

Yeah, nothing when I hit V. No pictures are saved. I´ve only installed the VRS TacPack and the Superbug plus NGX and 777. I´ve carefully checked, even TacPack or the Superbug do not use the button.

Is your FSX version with Acceleration or Standard/ Deluxe with the 2 SPs?  Not sure if

the lack of the service packs might affect it?

If you are trying to take screenshots in "Fullscreen mode" make sure your FSX

resolution matches your Windows resolution!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Is your FSX version with Acceleration or Standard/ Deluxe with the 2 SPs?  Not sure if

the lack of the service packs might affect it?

If you are trying to take screenshots in "Fullscreen mode" make sure your FSX

resolution matches your Windows resolution!

Well, AFAIK, the Acceleration update incorporates all SP´s, so that´s all right. MY screens are the following: 1 Asus VS247 24' display (1920 x 1080) as main flight display and a second old 17' (1280 x 1024). Never had problems with that. Tough I can´t recall whether it wored wver with the new bigger display (had 2 17' before.). Resolution inside FSx is set to 1920x1080.

Hi guys,

since I reinstalled my FSX after my HDD crashed, I can´t make screenshots. I´ve rechecked the buttons, "V" is assigned. It´s mystery to me as it worked perfectly before. Has anyone an idea?

I assume you are looking in My Pictures/Flight Simulator X Files. If that folder is not there, the pictures may not be saved.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I assume you are looking in My Pictures/Flight Simulator X Files. If that folder is not there, the pictures may not be saved.

Best regards,

HI Jim, yes, ideed. I don´t have such an folder. Do I have to creat one? I had the impression that the system will do that upon installation. At least that´s what I thought it does.

As a test, can you go to Windowed mode and try a screenshot using the V key?  I assume the

screenshot would be of the main screen.

Definitely create the missing folder.

Charlie Aron

HI Jim, yes, ideed. I don´t have such an folder. Do I have to creat one? I had the impression that the system will do that upon installation. At least that´s what I thought it does.

Yes, you should create one. Do not understand why one was not created during installation. I could see it happening if you moved your fsx installation to a backup, reinstalled Windows and then moved the fsx installation back but you indicate you reinstalled the products so a strange one for sure. Make sure the sub-folder under My Pictures is Flight Simulator X Files and not something like FSX Files.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes, you should create one. Do not understand why one was not created during installation. I could see it happening if you moved your fsx installation to a backup, reinstalled Windows and then moved the fsx installation back but you indicate you reinstalled the products so a strange one for sure. Make sure the sub-folder under My Pictures is Flight Simulator X Files and not something like FSX Files.

Best regards,

Ok, I´ll do that. Just to calify: My main storrage HDD (with approx. 400 GB of FSX) went down, Windows itselfe was unaffected. As I have the german version, I´ll take the german language version for the folder. I will report back tomorrow as it´s now pretty late.

I never bothered to check for the existence of the screenshot folder after first installing FSX.

I do know that if you delete that folder FSX will create it when you next take a screenshot.

That being said I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the screenshot folder doesn't exist until you take your first shot.

I suspect having 2 monitors with different screen resolutions is fouling things up.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

What about UAC? It could be killing the ability to write a screenshot to your windows drive.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What about UAC? It could be killing the ability to write a screenshot to your windows drive.

UAC is off since the first day.  I know the programms I run. ;-)

Well, I use "Snapper" now as a stop gap solution. Working all right. The ingame screenshot tool doesn´t work till now. I guess Joe is right, I remember haveing read about problems taking screenshots with different screen resolutions.  But I haven´t been able to find that article again.