Sign in to follow this  
Mickel

Something is messing with my sim

Folks

I downloaded the latest version of the Majestic Dash 8. I had issues with it pausing. I checked out the Majestic forum and found I wasn't alone. I narrowed it down to FSX ATC. Often, when it was talking to anyone, it would pause. Hadn't run into it before, and since I wasn't alone, I figured it was a Majestic issue.

Nope.

Now it's happening with my QW RJ. My current log book has 70 hours with the thing, so if it was a QW problem it would have appeared before now.

Something is not right, and it's really, really annoying. The installs lately are:

ASN

PMDG T7 (which has pausing issues, doesn't it? I wonder if they're connected)

Razbam Metro

JF DC-8

CLS 742

A2A Cherokee

AF Anson (not yet flown...)

ASN isn't even the common denominator. I flew a test ride in the DH8D using default weather.

I noticed it once in the J41, but didn't think much of it.

Something is screwy. Anyone got any ideas?

Mike

A thought... could something's dll or gau that I've added as trusted to always load be causing the problem? I take it to reset those, all I need to do is delete the lines from the cfg.

Mike

If it's only happened recently, then I would reverse uninstall each recent install until the problem went away.  That would diagnose at least which installation was causing the problem and narrow down potential fixes.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Thanks Ian. I took the slightly less drastic approach to start with and deleted my cfg. Using only the gaus etc that the a/c I I'm going to fly needs and not saving them seems to have done the trick for the two flights I've done (one each in the RJ & Dash). It spat the dummy mid fix up and needed me to insert the Acceleration disc to repair a dll. This had me thinking a reinstall was on the cards. But so far so good!

Mike