Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have a new system, built using NickN's Bible. Installed all FSX systems and Windows (add-ons) IE Adobe etc. 

Fsx working perfectly along with Nvidia inspector. Completed last part of Nick's Bible (all the Windows mods).

When opening Nvidia Inspector from Desk top Icon the Nvidia inspector screen comes on and does show temps,

fan rpm etc working, but as soon as I click the profile box (crossed tools icon) a windows information box opens

(red dot with white cross) comes on indicating an "unhandled exception has occurred in your application" continue,

quite, etc. "the path's format is not supported."

If I try to Re-Install Nvidia inspector from the compressed zip download I get:

"Compressed(zipped) folders ERROR. Windows cannot complete the extraction, the destination file could not be found."

I believe this has something to do with Nickn;s mods for the windows section, as everything worked OK up to that point.

Hope this is the "right forum" if not I apologize and could someone please direct me to the correct place for help.

Thanks 

Please make sure that you unzipped the WHOLE package into its own folder and not simply the nvidiainspector.exe file.

Martin

Thanks for responding Martin, unfortunately it doesn't matter where I put the zip file! I've tried in a temp folder in all 4 of my drives, no go.

This issue is resolved, I just did a system recovery to a date previous to doing NickN mods

to the OS Windows system. FSX is again running beautifully along with Nvidia  inspector.

Thank heaven I did Not do as He suggested and disable the ability to use system recovery!!

I will not be doing any further suggested mods from "the Bible" to the OS Windows. Be very

cautious in this regard. This could have been a disaster.

Thanks to those who may have reviewed this post.

Please make sure that you unzipped the WHOLE package into its own folder and not simply the nvidiainspector.exe file.

Martin

Just a friendly reminder that AVSIM has changed its signature policy and kindly asking everyone to please put their system specs and flight sim information in their respective "My Profile". More details can be found at the following link - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436632-new-signature-rules or under the Forums tab above. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,