Sign in to follow this  
jtwhite

Glowing bright problem

Ive noticed a problem while flying P3dV2.3 and was wondering if anyone else has noticed it.

Whenever I look down to the center pedestal on the ERJ or the trim wheel on the Maule (using mouse view) and return to the pilot's view, the screen gets this unearlthly glow about it. Whites are fluorescent and everything is kinda blurred. If I go to the outside spot view and return, all is normal.

It's kinda annoying.

Ive updated the driver for my Nvidia 760 (the latest, 33.44 or something; skipping the one causing the black triangles), but began to have it before that.

And Im using Active Sky Next.

Any ideas?

John

Thanks for replying... however, my installation doesn't seem tohave a shader folder.

Should it?

John

<drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v2\ShadersHLSL

If it doesn't have that folder (which I doubt), you may have deleted it by accident. If P3d needs to recompile the shader source code, it will probably  stop working at that point. You would then need to do a repair install.

Do you mean the ShadersHLSL folder in the P3D2 installation folder or the compiled shaders folder?

In case the latter, from the linked post above:

The folder is hidden by default so you first may have to enable the option to see hidden folders.

See this tutorial:

Might be you have to enable the 'Show hidden files and folders' option in Windows?

When you find the folder and the HDR file increase the values in these two lines below to reduce the glow.

static const float BloomThreshold = 03.25f;    <<< I add +2 to this ....05.25
static const float Bloom Magnitude = 03.75f;   <<< and +1 to this ....04.25 but you can try other values.

Someone here posted this tweak, but I can't remember who to give credit :(

What Zuendholz posted too changes how fast the adaption reacts, making it faster feels better to some of us.

Hey, guys. I have the ShadersHSLS folder, but not just a folder labeled "shaders." Pretty sure I have all hidden folders showing, but will double-check.

I did the tweak and it seems to have cleared it up.

Thanks again.

Hey, guys. I have the ShadersHSLS folder, but not just a folder labeled "shaders." Pretty sure I have all hidden folders showing, but will double-check.

I did the tweak and it seems to have cleared it up.

Yes, that is the one. You should then delete the 'Shaders' folder in the C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 folder.

But as you say its cleared up I guess you did that already.

OK, found shaders folder. DUH, wasnt looking in right place. Deleted it. See what it does in morning.