Sign in to follow this  
PC Pilot Dave

Unable to connect to FSUIPC - error message when starting FSX

Hello,

I received the above error message when I start FSX. The header on the error message box says: Saitek Pro Flight Panels for FS2004(FSUIPC). The error message started when I inadvertently clicked the "Start the Flight Sim 2004 plugin" located in the Saitek Pro Flight Panels directory. However, I can't find any way to turn off or remove that plugin. I've looked in the Programs List, the FSX directory, and the Saitek directory with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Regards,

Dave

Sorry to dredge up an old post and also sorry you didn't get an answer. This has just happened to me tonight as well. No idea why, all of a sudden, I am getting this error. FSX starts loading and then comes to the message mentioned by the OP. No matter what I click, FSX crashes to desktop.

No reply yet from Saitek support. I have uninstalled the Saitek software and removed references to it from the FSX exe.xml and fsx.cfg files. FSX still starts and then crashes. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this situation.

Meant to mention that I no longer get any errors with references to Saitek or FSUIPC. Now, I get the FSX splash screen for a while and then it just crashes. Looking at the Windows event logs I see where FSX tried to disable the Desktop Window Manager. The next event says the Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application. No idea how to fix this.

Also seeing an event logged where the Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX made a request to disable the Desktop Window Manager.