Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

MTX parking and ADE updates

Hi, i have been using ray smiths ADE files from AFCADS. Does anyone know will this affect MTX parkings?

Thanks.

Vernon Howells

Yes, if you have 2 of the same.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

1- If you install one of Ray's, we will call it KJFK-RS.bgl then you rename the MTX bgl to BR2-KJFK-bgl.off or .passive or .whatever, the .off has to be after the .bgl so do not use off.BR2-KJFK.bgl it has to be BR2-KJFK.bgl.off

2- If Ray's bgl is above the MTX bgl in the scenery library priority FSX should use Ray's and ignore the MTX one, but it is a good idea to disable any in MTX that you have added another bgl for be it Ray's or anyone else.  It is better to do this than making more decision work for FSX and running the risk of confusing FSX with everything you are adding.

3- As far as Ray's affecting MTX, probably not and Ray's will probably will be better.  Let's say you have an MTX bgl that Burkhard has not updated since 2010 and you have a bgl from Ray that he just updated.  Ray's bgl as far as parking codes will be more up to date than Burkhard's. 

As an example one problem you may run into is that Burhard's old bgl was update to accept a A380 and when Ray made his new bgl he did not include a parking space at a gate large enough to accept an A380 so with Ray's bgl the A380 parks at a ramp someplace and never at the terminal.  This is just an example and I am not saying that this is going to happen.

I use MTX 5.4b and I have a lot of Ray's bgl's installed, never had a problem with any of Ray's and when I install an addon bgl from anyone I always disable the duplicate MTX bgl.