Sign in to follow this  
wulfbindewald

DX10fixer V2.4 - now poor shadows in Airbus VC

Hi there,

at first thanks to Steve to continue and share with us his outstanding DX10fixer.

In V2.4 I surprisingly recognized no VC shadows in HD mode and poor shadows in non-HD mode, please see pics. The shadows outside the aircraft to aircraft and aircraft to ground are shown properly. 

In V2.3 the VC shadows were correctly displayed in HD mode.

All  shadow modes in the FSX menu are ticked.

Anything what I can do or miss as I do not want to go back to V2.3?

Wulf

j7KIl.jpg

1lAsL.jpg

same... but I don't have shadows in nonHD in the Airbus extended....

but also into the A2A cherokee in HD one.. but YES in NonHD

The only I have (I tryed) is the default cessna in both.. but it is strange because I cannot see the yoke shadow in the pannel.....

I have seen that there is an "HD applies to" Airlines (30), Biz Jets (0) and All (0)... what is that for?

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Wulf - Try going into the debug menu check everything is selected and then change the pulldown to version 2shadows, version 3,version 4 in turn and tell me which work if any.

@Japo HD Applies is covered in the manual. Airliners means it applies to large aircraft the size of airliners, Bizjets means it also applies to business jet sized aircraft and above (learjet) All means it applieto all aircraft but has limitations as described in the manual.

Wulf - Try going into the debug menu check everything is selected and then change the pulldown to version 2shadows, version 3,version 4 in turn and tell me which work if any.

In my case, neither of the numbers worked. All where turned on in debug.. and Have HD shadows on applied to Airliners (30). With shadow boost and contrast applied. But I do not have any shadow in cockpit HD or not HD. With other planes I don't have any problem.

I didn't install the 2.3 version.. so I updated from 2.2 uninstalling all the shaders first.

I don't see them also in the Majestic Q400, the A2A P51, the Eaglesoft Cessna Citation X...

But I see it in the microsoft 737-800, the captainsim 707, A2A cherokee... 

Yes.. I had in it before.. but it is not only one aircraft.. are a few I don't have. But even I don't have them also in non-hd shadows...... Don't know what is happening here....

I have installed sweetfx.. but I never had any problem before.. and it seems that it is working dx10 correctly (in other areas)...

Can you open another thread and try and explain the problem that you have more slowly.

I would like to keep this thread to deal with Wulf who has reported a problem with one aircraft with different symptoms to you.

Ignore HD shadows for now - turn it off.

Then uninstall the fixer libraries so you are in native DX10 mode and test the aircraft and tell me which ones work and which ones don't. But don't reply in this thread as it getting confused.

I suspect that some of those aircraft need you to enable shadows with the DX10 Toolbox - some may need VC Walls Enabled in the Shadows Dialog and some may not work at all.

Hi Steve,

although I have not changed anything in the debug menu now the VC shadows are present and well displayed. So I am confused why the VC shadows now work properly and I am not able to reproduce.

So I completly de- and reinstalled V2.4 again and the problem (no VC shadow displayed, see pic 2) was there again although HD shadows ticked. Are the shaders well activated from the first start?

After playing within shadows menu all is fine again.

No visible difference between HD applies to  "Airliner(30)" or "All(0)".

Debug menu: There was no recognizable difference between shadows 2 to 5 with exception of shadow edge quality (saw cut edges). HD exterior ticked or unticked does not matter.

For me this issue is resolved.

For info: The used aircraft is the freeware project Airbus A320 

Wulf

Ok thanks for posting back. Did you uninstall the libraries from the controller before the uninstall/install over the top? I will do a few tests to see if I can understand what happened.

One point of clarification - the "HD Applies" defines the minimum size of aircraft that HD shadows are used for.

If its set to airliners HD Shadows work for "airliners" - any aircraft bigger than a DC3

If its set to Biz Jets HD Shadows applies for all aircraft bigger than a LearJet and including Learjet

If its set to All HD shadows get applied even to the Piper Cub.

An Airbus gets HD shadows with any of these settings as its bigger than a Cub, Learjet and a DC3!

Ok thanks for posting back. Did you uninstall the libraries from the controller before the uninstall/install over the top? I will do a few tests to see if I can understand what happened.

thanks, Steve. Before each de-installation the libraries are always uninstalled per main menu.