Sign in to follow this  
voodoo101

PFPX cost index discrepency

I don't know if anybody else has had this error.

I planned a flight from EGLL to OMDB with the 777-300. On PFPX it has a cost index of 64. When I auto load it into the 777 FMC, the cost index is set at 85.

Surely they should be the same value.

Hi,

I think the cost index is not imported with the route from pfpx.

In the options in the FMC, in the Aircraft menu then equipment, you can select a default cost index for the livery you have loaded. 85 is the default cost index at least since SP1 (don't remember if that option was there before SP1).

So I would say that the discrepancy is normal and you have to manually change yourself the CI in the FMC.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi Romain,

I thought that, however I have opened up the rte file and noticed that the first figure on flight plan is 64. Now it may just be a coincidence that PFPX cost index is 64.

It's not a major problem, just one of those niggles.

Yep, but I do the other way round. I have set for each livery a realistic CI in the FMC option and use it to prepare my flight plans in PFPX. I seldom change it during flight preparation, only before or during the flight in the FMC if I expect some delays.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Right, now I have found the setting in the FMC for the company cost index, this must override the figure from PFPX. There must be a way to set PFPX to this in the aircraft config, so I don't have to set it every flight. I will look next flight.

Thanks for the clarity Romain

Check the cost index setting in the aircraft profile in PFPX, the one that pops up when you add new aircraft.

Phil

This is not an error.

What you set in PFPX is not added into the route file.  Additionally, note that, while on the PERF INIT page, you're not pulling route file info.  While on the PERF INIT page, the plane pulls info from itself (from the PAYLOAD/FUEL pages), gives a notional COST INDEX value (that you set as a default in the SETUP pages), and gives a notional ALT/RESERVE value.

These values must be overridden by whatever values you have gleaned from PFPX.

There must be a way to set PFPX to this in the aircraft config, so I don't have to set it every flight. I will look next flight.

Nope.  No direct method, unless they wanted to add in a tool to hack into the .INI for the aircraft, but their current tool only looks into the Aircraft.CFG.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle

You are correct in that the cost index does not change, however you can set the company cost index into PFPX.

In PFPX on the 'Aircrcaft Editor' Page, at the bottom it says Default speed schedule. Underneath is a section for the Cruise/Cost Index. You can set this to the same as the aircraft, no hacking needed.

You are correct in that the cost index does not change, however you can set the company cost index into PFPX.

In PFPX on the 'Aircrcaft Editor' Page, at the bottom it says Default speed schedule. Underneath is a section for the Cruise/Cost Index. You can set this to the same as the aircraft, no hacking needed.

Yes, I know this (I have a couple tutorial videos on how to do what you're referring to), but you said this:

"There must be a way to set PFPX to this in the aircraft config, so I don't have to set it every flight. I will look next flight."

...and I responded to that, specifically:

"No direct method, unless they wanted to add in a tool to hack into the .INI for the aircraft, but their current tool only looks into the Aircraft.CFG."

Kyle Rodgers

No Kyle, you do not have to do anything with the aircraft config. You can leave the PMDG set to what ever you want as a default CI. In PFPX, instead of setting the CI to the same CI when you plan a flight, you can set it in the aircraft config page at the bottom. PFPX will then use this figure everytime you plan a flight with this aircraft.

So what I said was "There must be a way to set PFPX to this in the aircraft config, so I don't have to set it every flight" is correct for the answer. By setting the CI in the PFPX aircraft config, I do not have to set it for every flight. No hack tool needed,

I never once in the post mentioned the aircraft.cfg file, this is something that you incorrectly mentioned.

No Kyle, you do not have to do anything with the aircraft config. You can leave the PMDG set to what ever you want as a default CI. In PFPX, instead of setting the CI to the same CI when you plan a flight, you can set it in the aircraft config page at the bottom. PFPX will then use this figure everytime you plan a flight with this aircraft.

Yes.  I know this.

I never once in the post mentioned the aircraft.cfg file, this is something that you incorrectly mentioned.

This is something I mistook, based on how you wrote your earlier point referring to an "aircraft config."

Regardless, your initial point that this was somehow an error or a discrepancy, or that the PMDG aircraft is not importing PFPX values was incorrect.  That was the essence of my posts, regardless of my mistaking your reference to an aircraft config as a reference to the aircraft.cfg file...

Kyle Rodgers