Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

P3dv2 has rather poor VAS management.

@all with OOMs

I recommend to log the VAS usage as many guys did when nearly everybody had these OOMs using P3D v2.0. It's useless only to tell again and again that another OOM has occurred.

FSUIPC4 has a nice function included which need only to be activated. Maybe Rob can chime in and give some assistance and coordination for this? I guess that the Devs at LM would be very happy to get some funded information.

Spirit

As I said months ago regarding P3D2, LM with every new version is fixing bugs from previous versions, but introduce new, major frustrating bugs. And that is perpeetum mobile sadly. I wonder how many builds and versions will be released when we can say "and now we have a clear, bug free, stable versions of improved FSX". Probably in a year or two, if we have luck.

My thoughts as well. I think Lockheed Martin should take their time and make a new version with the express purpose of fixing bugs and making optimisations, without new features that might break things.

When my OOMs happen I'm not flying a complex plane as I have none installed in v2.I would hate to think what the PMDG 777 would do to this sim. Since v2.0 I've gotten OOMs when switching between a few liverys so now I just know which is which and select only it. I'm no coder but there is no reason that selecting differnt liverys in the menu or that airport and scenery that are 500 miles away should be eating up vas. I never even worried about ooms until 2.3 I really wish I still had my 2.2 installer or maybe even my 2.1 installer as with 2.1 the ground textures were always super clear and no ooms. In LMs attempts to prevent OOMs they seem to have made them worse.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

It is time for V 3.0. Let's push the envelope of newer technology instead of pushing the envelope on 8 year old code. I think 2.4 is pretty darn good all things considered (I did not feel that way about 2.0 lol), but it's time for a fresh start. 

- Bill Magann

I've been using this tweak since v.2.3, and it seems to help:

Under: [MAIN] 
Add: AlwaysFullLoad=1

According to Beau at Lockheed Martin, this edit will force the terrain to unload and reload when resetting flights and changing locations, which can free up some memory.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE