Sign in to follow this  
scotchegg

DSR in XPlane?

If you have to, delete your prefs @ drive:\X-Plane 10\Output\preferences

Just done that, then loaded xplane and placed my settings exactly what they were before, and I'm getting 40% better FPS?!? Maybe my preferences was corrupted? any ways, result!

An easy way to get back to your default resolution is to edit X-Plane Screen Res.prf located at .......X-Plane 10\Output\preferences

Right click and edit with notepad.

These are the lines you need (mine is set at 1920x1200) just edit for your resolution.

_x_res_full_ALL 1920
_y_res_full_ALL 1200

Save the file and restart X-Plane.

Thank you, it might be the beer, but this KILLS the FPS! 

also, now I can not get back to windowed mode, even unchecking the full screen box! Any ideas?

There should be no reason that you can not get to window mode with unchecking the full screen box...but if that is the case for you, I suggest that you end your session and see if you go automatically to the native res Desktop. If it doesn't then just manually do so...and fire up XPX again. See if that helps.

My eyes were deceiving me, the effect is only visible when you change the resolution in XP as per Mitch's instructions. Might be just that the new driver looks nicer in some way?

Anyway, very nice effect but yes, it comes with a frames hit, at least on my 770. Unfortunately the effect isn't quite good enough to put up with the stuttering for the time being. Maybe my next PC build next year...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea