Sign in to follow this  
Bryan Lee

Manually refresh AI traffic?

I was wondering if there is a way or a utility available that will refresh the AI traffic MSFSX without resetting the weather. I was using FSGRW for weather and it was nice because on initial weather load it would refresh the AI traffic so it was using the correct runway from the get go. I want to use the REX+ WX engine but find that after loading the WX into the sim ATC will almost always direct me to the runway being used before the weather was injected often resulting in me getting directed to the opposite end of the active runway or to some random runway that makes no sense. Anything that can be done here that WILL NOT reset the weather, just the AI?

Open the Map and change your heading by one degree.

Or you could speed up the sim rate to 8X, then back to Normal.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I was wondering if there is a way or a utility available that will refresh the AI traffic MSFSX without resetting the weather. I was using FSGRW for weather and it was nice because on initial weather load it would refresh the AI traffic so it was using the correct runway from the get go. I want to use the REX+ WX engine but find that after loading the WX into the sim ATC will almost always direct me to the runway being used before the weather was injected often resulting in me getting directed to the opposite end of the active runway or to some random runway that makes no sense. Anything that can be done here that WILL NOT reset the weather, just the AI?

Start a flight, change the time by 2 or more minutes, enter FSX again.

Please note that planes already cleared to land will continue to do so on their old path.

Bryan,

I had the same problem. I successfully used FSRealWx lite for quite a long time and liked the "refresh AI"-button very much. In the new version of FSRealWx this button doesn't exist anymore so I tried to figure out a solution.

I found it when having a closer look to to the commands FSUIPC adds to FSX. There is a command called "Re-Simconnect" (you will find it when you scroll down that very long drop down list you are presented with when assigning functions to buttons in FSUIPC; in case you want to assign it in FSUIPC.ini directly you will have to use the code "1092") which apparently does the exact same thing that "refresh AI"-button did.

Hope this helps

Peter