Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

P3D looking great but planes still have jaggies

I'm a little baffled by this one. I have a pretty decent rig with a Haswell 4770K chip and the NV 780ti GPU, I've tuned P3D 2.4 very nicely with the help of LM's Learning Center and many of the suggestions here in the forums. So far P3D is looking really good! The lighting and the clouds in real weather, stunning! Now, adding aircraft to the mix, particularly 3rd party AC like the QW 146 and the Aerosoft A319 so far, the planes have jaggies on them even though everything else around them looks great. Does anyone have a thought as to what might be causing this? I am not using NV Inspector, so far all tweaks are from within the sim itself, as suggested by many here. If anyone else has encountered this and solved it, I would love to know.

Thanks!

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Ooh, okay, I will try that. Hadn't gone to NVI yet, but I guess it is time. Thanks Steve

Lee

Lee H

Take note though that using SGSS can really hurt performance: most P3D flyers advice to not use NI anymore.

On my rig, the only way to remove the jaggy issue on some planes (Alabeo C172RG, Carenado C337) is to set SGSS from NVi.

I would love not to use any external tools and stay with nVidia Control Panel + P3D Settings but unfortunately, only NVI solves my issue.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

most P3D flyers advice to not use NI anymore.

How do you know this and what's the reason for? I guess it's your own subjective opinion. Using NI doesn't hurt in any way.

Spirit

How do you know this and what's the reason for? I guess it's your own subjective opinion. Using NI doesn't hurt in any way.

Spirit

It's a simple fact and the reason is performance. 

As far as the rumor mill goes, its is widely believed that LM are working with Nvidia to improve P3D v2 driver support. Hopefully this would result in far better AA implementation in the P3D engine itself thus negating the need to force AA using external apps. SLI support has also been hinted towards.....

The DSR "tweak" has also been shown to provide excellent visual improvements - there is an extensive thread on it in the P3D forum section. 

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Actually, I tried the Rob Ainscough settings on NVI and they help a lot! Most jaggies gone on my aircraft.

Lee

Lee H

It's a simple fact and the reason is performance. 

You know yourself that this is not true. NI itself doesn't do any harm but some careless settings can do it.

Spirit

SGSS in NI or the DSR tweak are a must for P3D v2.4 in my humble opinion. Performance is really only affected for me in overcast conditions.

Ryan

Ryan