Sign in to follow this  
bnat

ERJ, FMS Problem

First time on this forum so let me say Hi.

Now down to business. I've been a simmer for a long time, since '95 came out and I have never had problems till now. I had to replace my computer and it came with Windows 7 and I miss my XP days. My problem is the FMS in the ERJ-145 isn't working. It seems to be missing data. When I go to "Position Init" all I have is the top "last position" and the bottom "GPS 1 Position" and nothing but dashes in the "REF WPT". When you first bring up the FMS I think I remember there use to be the Nav Data information on the Nav Ident page, but I don't have anything but date and time. Nothing under "Active NDB".

I loaded FS9 under the C: drive by itself (not in any program folders). I've reloaded both the sim and the planes a couple of times and no difference.

Any ideas would be great because right now I still fly it everyday but what I call manual (VOR to VOR). This does keep me up on my chart skills.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi bnat and welcome to the forums. :smile: I only own the FSX version of the ERJ but maybe some generic steps can help.

If you reinstall the plane, it's most likely installing an outdated nav data set which is still usable and should show up automatically in the FMC. The folder where this nav data resides could be inside the sim folder (that's the case in FSX, so the folder is FSX\FeelThere\Nd) where you might be looking for a file called nd.mdb.

Can you check if such a folder/file combo exists? If so, the FMC should be able to make use of it unless this older version works completely different in this regard.

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. Had to go out of town for awhile. I have the files in the folder but nothing. I did find this in the FeelThere/ERJ folder.

"driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};dbq=C:\FS9\FeelThere\Nd\nd.mdb

Trying Connect

Connect error

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers : [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Requested operation requires an OLE DB Session object, which is not supported by the current provider."

I hope this will be some useful information for someone to help me.

I'm afraid to load another plane in that uses a FMS for it may also not work.

Thanks.

I'd take that info and email Feelthere. Maybe they can help. Or maybe their forum can.

Good idea.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Happy flying.

this means your win7 has a fault and has nothing to do with the feelThere nor FS instll.

the 'mdac' equivalent for win7 is missing, broken, or the references to the utility are broken/missing.

Hi,

I have another issue to find solution/answer.

Cannot enter custom waypoint that do not change the route, are only for information. [marked red]

According to ERJ manual:

Waypoints are entered in the following ways:

• identifier (e.g KARPU or NTS),
• bearing and distance from a reference point (e.g from NTS, on radial 223 for 9 miles is entered NTS/228/9)
• geographic position (e.g N3343,2/W11122,3)
• using two points and two radials (e.g. NTS/228/KAR/180.
• and along-plan waypoints that do not change the route but add an intermediate point (e.g. NTS//20)

trying to enter XXX/20 always get "invalid entry"

Someone tried this?

One more thing: is it possible enter/display on FMC VOR radials like in PMDG 737NGX

Specs: feelthere ERJ 175, FSX, Win7.64

your post

trying to enter XXX/20 always get "invalid entry"

you need a double backslash '//'.

I have tried double backslash XXX//20, unfortunately does not work too => message "invalid entry"

Can someone please  confirm/verify functionality of "along-plan way-points that do not change the route but add an intermediate point "

thx

Sign in to follow this