Sign in to follow this  
Jason_Peters

Gear up?

I'm pretty happy with my new FO on my latest leg (PHNL-KDEN). However on departure I called for 'gear up' and nothing happened? Is it not the FO's responsibility to place gear handle as indicated on pg NP.21.38? It'll be a post flight debrief item for sure... lol

Seriously though. Any thoughts on what's wrong guys?

Gear down is not working either. Both voice commands are properly recognized (confirmed via the green band) but no action is taken. The key assignment is the standard G key.

Nope not muted, and all the other commands have been fine... Weird... Maybe she's just got an attitude... lol

It should be working, there is no known bug related to this command, it should work normally.

If this happens again, close FSX then look in the FS2Crew Config Manager and select 'Cockpit Voice Recorder Log' and you will see a list of the commands that FS2Crew recognised during the last session,  Take a look at the Gear Up command and see if any other words are being inadvertently added to 'Gear Up' or 'Gear down'.

During Beta testing there was no problems associated with this command, it worked flawlessly.

If this continues you will have to contact Bryan via a support ticket.

Glen

Well, we had a stern discussion. Sometimes you have to be a hard nosed Captain, with these young FO's (it's my understanding she recently upgraded to the 777). It seems the misunderstanding was cleared up for now, she put the gear down as directed on the arrival, and we had no further issues. I'm looking forward to another leg, small issues aside she's a sharp FO!

I'm not sure what it was, but it worked fine on the arrival. I checked the CVR postflight and the 'gear up' was not recognized during the takeoff. However my subsequent plea's after she reminded me the gear was down as I called for the 'after takeoff'  check were, all of them in fact. In any case, it worked fine on arrival. I'm sure it was just a missed speech recognition, no worries.

On a side note, can 'gear up' & 'gear down' calls be enabled in all phases of flight? It seems it may only be recognized prior to the after takeoff, and during the approach landing? There are some non-standard situations where it would be nice to command gear down prior to the approach, such as using it to increase drag for a more rapid descent, or perhaps brake cooling. Not common I realize, but a useful tool never the less. As long as the speed checks the FO should drop it on command. 

Thanks for the great job! It feels great to operate a heavy the way it is intended!

Gear down is not working either. Both voice commands are properly recognized (confirmed via the green band) but no action is taken. The key assignment is the standard G key.

Are you using any external hardware?

They can "override" input signals sent by FS2Crew.

Other than that, there's no reason the gear shouldn't go up/down on command (assuming you're following the tutorial).

We've tested that one a 1000 times :-)